SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Flaming Star and Tadpoles plus the Spider and Fly

Laurin Dave

Two panel mosaic of IC405 The Flaming Star Nebula, IC 410 The Tapoles Nebula plus IC417 The Spider and NGC1931 The Fly in Auriga.  Imaged through my Esprit100/SX46 GT71/ASI1600mm over 9 sessions between late November and early February.  3hrs Red, 2.5 hrs Green and Blue, 25hrs Ha (as the moon was virtually ever present when it was clear) and 3.5 hrs Oiii.  Processed in Pixinsight APP and Photoshop. To enhance the Flaming Star's reflection nebula I also added in 3 hrs each of Blue and Green taken last January with my Esprit150.   

Flaming_Star_Tadpoles_HaR_OiiiG_OiiiB_Final_9Feb21_50pc.thumb.jpg.606b173c342db4d5aca671a6130cafa8.jpg

Thanks for looking 

Dave

• Like 24

That is an extremely lovely image, even more so on close inspection.  Stars are perfect.  A very nice piece of work.

May I ask the length of RGB subs and the Bortle scale. 

Carole 

Edited by carastro

2 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Wonderful.  Outstanding star colour too

Thanks Adam...  star colour, my guess is biggish pixels... but I also use HSVrepair, ArcSinh and Masked stretch in Pixinsigght

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Excellent image Dave, tricky getting that blue in the Flaming Star which I guess it's where the name comes from, nice star colours as well.

Dave

Thanks Dave..   

1 hour ago, Adam1234 said:

incredible

Thanks Adam

1 hour ago, fireballxl5 said:

Superb image, love the colours👍

I recognise the Ha "problem", with a dual scope setup I've collected around 120 600s Ha subs on one target whilst trying to capture the RGB subs lol

Thank you.. 

1 hour ago, peter shah said:

What a delight!!!.....beautiful bright vibrant colour....star colour is amazing your background is lovely and even....wonderful job

Thanks Peter..

59 minutes ago, carastro said:

That is an extremely lovely image, even more so on close inspection.  Stars are perfect.  A very nice piece of work.

May I ask the length of RGB subs and the Bortle scale. 

Carole 

Thank you Carole..   I use 10 minute RGB subs on the SX-46 CCD, sky quality is Bortle 4.5 or so.

36 minutes ago, Sp@ce_d said:

Oh wow!.. nice one

Thank you ...

Dave

• Like 1