SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

CLEAR SKIES ALL NIGHT IN MOST PLACES - WED 10TH TO THUR 11TH !!

paulastro

I wouldnt normally put clear skies in a post on this forum - but up here it's a rare event to be clear all night at the moment.  We've not had an all nighter for some weeks and for the last week or two we've had snow every day.

It looks like many of us will have a completely clear night.

Just one thing, put your thermals on. Overnight it's forecast to be at least -6 to -7 degrees, and that includes if you live in a town or city.  It will probably be colder if you live out in the sticks.

Have fun 🙂🥶

Edited by paulastro
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Icy surfaces will be the main problem.  The track down to my obbo is a sheet of ice now and I don’t dare use it, but I plan to set up nearer the house tomorrow night to carry on testing my new “portable” set-up.

Take extra care, folks...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

Is this the world over or, just in your neck of the woods? lol

The world over - but bear in mind, most people born around these parts never move further than five miles from where they were born. (only joking! 🥴)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, paulastro said:

The Met office don't mention seeing Jeremy 🙂.

I haven't seen Jeremy either Paul but he's probably talking about Handles somewhere here in SGL that is probably why the Met Office haven't seen him either 😜

....Sorry Paul :hiding:

Edited by AdeKing
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, AdeKing said:

I haven't seen Jeremy either Paul but he's probably talking about Handles somewhere here in SGL that is probably why the Met Office haven't seen him either 😜

....Sorry Paul :hiding:

I wondered if anyone would spot my deliberate typo Ade. 🙂   I'm not going to edit it out though, or your post won't make any sense, or my reply to it 😄.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, shropshire lad said:

Forecast to be cloudy all night here in Shropshire.

Shropshire is a great county though,  lots of lovely countryside  - and it probably has more clear nights than Yorkshire. Just not on this occasion alas.  Fingers crossed the forecast for your area is a duff one!

Edited by paulastro

5 minutes ago, paulastro said:

I wondered if anyone would spot my deliberate typo Ade. 🙂   I'm not going to edit it out though, or your post won't make any sense, or my reply to it 😄.

Sorry I've been reviewing reports written by graduates all day so reviewer mode hasn't yet switched off. 

• Haha 1

I was hoping to get out tonight to see how my new dew control works. Not sure now. Showers still making across the Pennines but due to melt away by midnight. 

Tomorrow's forecast is good for Lancashire but still a lot of mobile cloud and showers in the east. 

9 minutes ago, Jiggy 67 said:

Damn work on Thursday!!!!.......though I haven’t called in sick for a few years!?!?!.......

Let's hope your boss isnt a closet astronomer - or a member or regular visitor to SGL  if you do decide to blob tomorrow night  😄.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Paul M said:

I was hoping to get out tonight to see how my new dew control works. Not sure now. Showers still making across the Pennines but due to melt away by midnight. 

Tomorrow's forecast is good for Lancashire but still a lot of mobile cloud and showers in the east. 

I have fingers crossed for some clear weather tomorrow night but time for forecast to change.
After all it would be unusual for me to have a clear night that coincided with no moon.

But forever hopefully, long time since I did any LRGB stuff.

image.png.4a0b855c3f91619105ba1b578b395c66.png

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang