SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EQ6-R Dimensions

Doug64

Hi,

can anyone with the above mount/tripod please give me the distance between the tripod legs.

Whilst in lockdown I want to build and portable observatory for my telescope.  At the moment I have a HEQ 5 but will hopefully be getting the EQ6-R in a few months and want to ensure it will fit in the observatory.

Thanks

Doug

Thanks,

Can’t  have pier at this time as the boss won’t let me have a permanent set up until we move house so making portable/takedown observatory just for my scope that I can use over the winter.

Doug

Edited by Doug64

OK, with the legs collapsed the height to the tripod platform is 730mm and each leg is 900mm apart

At full height the platform is 1220mm off the ground and the legs are 1470mm apart.

the leg measurement is taken to the centre of the white ground pegs.

4 hours ago, Tomatobro said:

OK, with the legs collapsed the height to the tripod platform is 730mm and each leg is 900mm apart

At full height the platform is 1220mm off the ground and the legs are 1470mm apart.

the leg measurement is taken to the centre of the white ground pegs.

Thanks,

you’ve been a great help and it will assist me in sorting out the portable observatory.

Doug

• Like 1