Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Whats stuck with the postman?

Deadlake

I'm sure we have all experienced delays due to pandemic. Now I'm getting an another lot of delays with orders *stuck* between EU and UK.  

To complete a new telescope scope being built for me requires some tube rings to come in from the EU. These are the only rings which will fit the telescope tube, handle and Losmandy bar, so no other source. 

At this point this is business to business, no VAT or custom fees are chargeable between EU and UK, but still the items are stuck with no ETA available.

I wondered who else is in a similar situation? I've resigned myself to waiting it out, but maybe people with more times on their hands have not?

Note: We are where we are, with no change expected. 

Not as important as tube rings but we're still waiting for a missing lego part from our ISS kit. Brought for xmas day entertainment, 25 minutes into the build a vital part was discovered  missing. Phoned and ordered said part on 29th December, chased order mid January to be told it was stuck in a lorry at Dover. Then January 31st recieved an email notification of dispatch, February 6th we're still waiting :(

This has nothing to do with scopes or astronomy in any way, BUT the interior door handle on my 1992 Ford Ranger 4x4 pickup snapped. I ordered one that day, and the USPS has no idea where it is, even though it’s supposedly tracked. Rolling down the window to open the door is a royal pain.

On 05/02/2021 at 21:04, Deadlake said:

I'm sure we have all experienced delays due to pandemic. Now I'm getting an another lot of delays with orders *stuck* between EU and UK.  

To complete a new telescope scope being built for me requires some tube rings to come in from the EU. These are the only rings which will fit the telescope tube, handle and Losmandy bar, so no other source. 

At this point this is business to business, no VAT or custom fees are chargeable between EU and UK, but still the items are stuck with no ETA available.

I wondered who else is in a similar situation? I've resigned myself to waiting it out, but maybe people with more times on their hands have not?

Note: We are where we are, with no change expected. 

I've been waiting for a baader T-thread adapter To come from the EU so I can attach my DSLR to my hyperion eyepiece. Ordered it on the 12th Jan.  I've had 2 items I ordered from China on the same day arrived already (over a week ago) ,  so this EU hold up can be resolved with the required amount of cooperation and will.  I can only come to the conclusion that it suits the pro-EU agenda to have these hold-ups (so they can say, 'I told you so'). I'm an apparently rare breed,  who was indifferent whether we stayed or left the EU as I believed business would make it work (I still believe it will be business that gets it sorted, probably EU based businesses who export to the UK) .  Luckily poor weather conditions have meant I've had very little opportunity to use the adaptor  even if it had arrived,  so it's not the end of the world;  but when it comes to waiting for my astro-gear,  I'm like a child waiting for Christmas,  even for a simple little item like this adaptor😀

3 hours ago, Jason B said:

I've been waiting for a baader T-thread adapter To come from the EU so I can attach my DSLR to my hyperion eyepiece. Ordered it on the 12th Jan.  I've had 2 items I ordered from China on the same day arrived already (over a week ago) ,  so this EU hold up can be resolved with the required amount of cooperation and will.  I can only come to the conclusion that it suits the pro-EU agenda to have these hold-ups (so they can say, 'I told you so'). I'm an apparently rare breed,  who was indifferent whether we stayed or left the EU as I believed business would make it work (I still believe it will be business that gets it sorted, probably EU based businesses who export to the UK) .  Luckily poor weather conditions have meant I've had very little opportunity to use the adaptor  even if it had arrived,  so it's not the end of the world;  but when it comes to waiting for my astro-gear,  I'm like a child waiting for Christmas,  even for a simple little item like this adaptor😀

Note: This is a list of what has got stuck, anyways to resolve it. We can all opine about why, if the threads gets too political I'm sure the thread will get shutdown.

1 hour ago, Deadlake said:

Note: This is a list of what has got stuck, anyways to resolve it. We can all opine about why, if the threads gets too political I'm sure the thread will get shutdown.

Noted. Apologies. 

Edited by Jason B
  • Like 1

I ordered some stuff from TS Optics & it arrived within days from Germany (they used Parcelforce I think).  I also bought & sold some stuff with SGLers & it all seems to be stuck in RM here in the UK (even though tracked, signed for, SD etc).  I don't mind - the posties are great & they've been overwhelmed at times, so as long as things don't get lost or damaged. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Not an astro purchase, but I'm still waiting on my girlfriend's Christmas present. It's coming from Barcelona, and the tracking info from the Spanish Post Office said that it left Spain before new year. Hoping it's just been caught up in a backlog and hasn't been squashed or stolen or anything

• 3 weeks later...

Mine has been UK to France 3 weeks delivery. But Birthday cards not actual items of value. So figure that. Yet the wife had ordered from M&S, George(ASDA) arrived in 7 days ?

Yes inter europe deliveries have been longer apart from the long river company over here in France 2 days as use courier services.  But that maybe down to c word

Edited by fozzybear

I'm waiting for a Gerd Neumann tilt adapter so I can hopefully be rid of tilt for good. Been waiting a good month now despite 365 placing the order to Germany weeks ago. Special times and all that, I appreciate Covid, Brexit delays etc but still frustrating! Hope this year sees some sort of return to normality! I will never complain about the mundane again!

On 08/02/2021 at 23:18, Mognet said:

Not an astro purchase, but I'm still waiting on my girlfriend's Christmas present. It's coming from Barcelona, and the tracking info from the Spanish Post Office said that it left Spain before new year. Hoping it's just been caught up in a backlog and hasn't been squashed or stolen or anything

desigual maybe