Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IKO - IC59 & IC63 Ghost of Cassiopeia Data Release - Processing Competition

Grant

Here is my contribution. Only found the data and the competition this afternoon, so a bit rushed. Great data by the way! I aimed for an RGB like image. I put Oiii in blue, Ha in red, and made a sythetic green out of 50% Oiii, 25% Ha and 25% Sii. Processing is a mix of PS and PI.

Thanks a lot FLO and IKO, great initiative for us that are clouded in, like me right now!

Cheers, Göran

Ghost RGB PImix PS37.jpg

• Like 1

Heres my last chance colour version, not really what i was trying to achieve in my head but my best shot with the time i have..really fun trying thou, many thanks for sharing the data set

This was done in PS, I chose this time to keep the stars, blasted each channel with Carbonies " enhance target and reduce stars "quite early on , along with levels, curves and a little noise reduction.. I choose not to use the make stars smaller function  as I found it to cause black halos around the stars, I'm sure it could have been dealt with in post but that's maybe for another day

I found the data very easy,and enjoyable  to use..

Thanks again

FLO COMP FINAL COLOUR VERSION PNG.png

Edited by newbie alert
Added info
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...