Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ6 Pro Detailed Motor Specs for DIY EQ6 to EQ6 Goto (Pro) Upgrade

Hi,

I have acquired an older model EQ6 mount that I would like to upgrade to a goto mount.  It currently has ra/dec motors/motherboard (see below) and handset to control slewing and tracking but I would like to turn it into a full goto mount.  I am assuming I will need to upgrade the existing motors.  Can anyone point me at the detailed specs or exact motors I should get hold of to do this.  I don't want to pay for the official upgrade motors but would like to get some generic Nema 14/17 motors for the RA and Dec (I think spec requirements may be different) at 1/10 the cost!  I will transfer the gearing from the existing motors.  I think I already know what to do with the motherboard and connecting to my Astroberry, but I don't want to fall at the first hurdle by getting the wrong motors! If you do have any guidance to help me out with that would be great also!  Thank you for any help!

Best Regards,

Daryl

n20210113_050322.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-05 at 08.49.47.jpeg