SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eaglemoss Orrery won't turn. Help!

StarKat917

Good Evening all. I thought I'd try my hand at buying the monthly subscription and purchase of the  Eaglemoss Orrery. Finally all the parts have arrived and I have spent the past two nights putting it together. Some of the plastic parts weren't so agreeable and at least three times they sent me the wrong part with the wrong issue, but I made do (with a little help from an eBay seller) and now the item is complete. Except for ----> the only thing that turns when I flip the power switch is the middle rod with the Sun on the top. The rest of the item does nothing. No gear movement whatsoever. Help! What did I do wrong? I'm not missing any parts, I followed instructions to a T. Did I turn the grub screws too tight? (I guess I'm not sure how the central column affixes to the inner rod which would create the movement, yes?) Or is that not the problem? Any idea would be greatly appreciated, I'm almost out of hair that I've been ripping out steadily due to frustration. Thank you for any assistance you can offer.