Jump to content

stargazine_ep45_banner.thumb.jpg.71f13bfceacd5e3df366d82c2b6f5f9b.jpg

Affinity Photo can now load .FITS Files


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, pc387 said:

There's also a series of stacking video tutorials including OSC colour processing; Monochrome colour mapping; LRGB colour composition; HaRGB composition; Bicolour composition; and SHO composition which maybe useful for new comers.

pc387

Excellent tutorials - highly recommended!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those that are not aware, the latest incarnation of Affinity (Beta) can now stack .FITS files as well as the usual RAW, jpeg etc. There is also a background reduction tool. The stacking options ar

Its no longer in beta they released the full version last night.  1.9.  

The Help pages are good

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

Now that AP has dedicated astro photography features I can see it growing to surpass even the best out there..

Alan 

I think that it is way better than PhotoShop now. It may even give AstroPixel processor a run for it's money soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just upgraded to version 1.9, a long process with my cronky broadband and was a bit disappointed to find it just hangs when I try to import FITs.

Rather than going through it all again to install the beta, I think I will wait until the next release before using the stacking as it seems a bit short on options compared to DSS at the moment.

If  stacking can be refined, FITs added and a direct paste only into selected channels (the various workarounds are infuriatingly non-intuitive compared to other imaging packages) it will certainly replace photoshop and maybe DSS for me, but it isn't quite there yet. I hope these things are sorted soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/02/2021 at 16:09, pc387 said:

From the affinity forum site: iIf you’ve purchased from the Microsoft Store Microsoft Store updates are done automatically by the operating system (each time you start the application). If this does not happen for you, open the Windows Store app and click the three dots in the top right corner of the app and then go to Downloads and Updates. Click Get Updates. This should hopefully force the update to show

 
pc387

Thanks or this, I need to check but I think that is how I purchased it, so will certainly give it a try.  

Graham  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/02/2021 at 16:09, pc387 said:

From the affinity forum site: iIf you’ve purchased from the Microsoft Store Microsoft Store updates are done automatically by the operating system (each time you start the application). If this does not happen for you, open the Windows Store app and click the three dots in the top right corner of the app and then go to Downloads and Updates. Click Get Updates. This should hopefully force the update to show

 
pc387

Thanks or this, I need to check but I think that is how I purchased it, so will certainly give it a try.  

Graham  

Edited by groberts
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/02/2021 at 16:09, pc387 said:

From the affinity forum site: iIf you’ve purchased from the Microsoft Store Microsoft Store updates are done automatically by the operating system (each time you start the application). If this does not happen for you, open the Windows Store app and click the three dots in the top right corner of the app and then go to Downloads and Updates. Click Get Updates. This should hopefully force the update to show

 
pc387

Thanks or this, I need to check but I think that is how I purchased it, so will certainly give it a try.  

Graham  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry about above tripple post (senior moment!) - how can I delete the unwanted ones or please can the mods delete x2 for me?

😳  

Edited by groberts
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ricker said:

I think there needs to be a bit of extra work on the UI. Being able to save stacking projects. 

Not sure what you mean. It can save/export the result of a stack. Just tried it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, callump said:

It's a pity it does not open just a single fits file - unless anyone has worked out a way of doing this?

/callump

 

I just loaded a single FITS. file then stack and apply. Is that what you want?

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, PeterCPC said:

I just loaded a single FITS. file then stack and apply. Is that what you want?

I had tried this (and just tried again), but nothing seems to happen when pressing Stack, and the Apply button does not get activated. I was able to load a set of calibrated and registered lights (no darks, etc), and stack those.

/callump

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, callump said:

I had tried this (and just tried again), but nothing seems to happen when pressing Stack, and the Apply button does not get activated. I was able to load a set of calibrated and registered lights (no darks, etc), and stack those.

/callump

In that case I would post the issue to the Affinity Forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PeterCPC said:

In that case I would post the issue to the Affinity Forum.

Thanks - i may give that a try... Interestingly I was able to 'stack' a single file of the  set of registered fits files (using Siril), just not the Siril stacked file. Maybe there is something in the FITS header Affinity does not like...

/callump

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.