Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Affinity Photo can now load .FITS Files

PeterCPC

6 hours ago, pc387 said:

There's also a series of stacking video tutorials including OSC colour processing; Monochrome colour mapping; LRGB colour composition; HaRGB composition; Bicolour composition; and SHO composition which maybe useful for new comers.

pc387

Excellent tutorials - highly recommended!

8 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

Now that AP has dedicated astro photography features I can see it growing to surpass even the best out there..

Alan 

I think that it is way better than PhotoShop now. It may even give AstroPixel processor a run for it's money soon.

• Like 1

I've just upgraded to version 1.9, a long process with my cronky broadband and was a bit disappointed to find it just hangs when I try to import FITs.

Rather than going through it all again to install the beta, I think I will wait until the next release before using the stacking as it seems a bit short on options compared to DSS at the moment.

If  stacking can be refined, FITs added and a direct paste only into selected channels (the various workarounds are infuriatingly non-intuitive compared to other imaging packages) it will certainly replace photoshop and maybe DSS for me, but it isn't quite there yet. I hope these things are sorted soon.

On 04/02/2021 at 16:09, pc387 said:

From the affinity forum site: iIf you’ve purchased from the Microsoft Store Microsoft Store updates are done automatically by the operating system (each time you start the application). If this does not happen for you, open the Windows Store app and click the three dots in the top right corner of the app and then go to Downloads and Updates. Click Get Updates. This should hopefully force the update to show

pc387

Thanks or this, I need to check but I think that is how I purchased it, so will certainly give it a try.  

Graham  

From the affinity forum site: iIf you’ve purchased from the Microsoft Store Microsoft Store updates are done automatically by the operating system (each time you start the application). If this does not happen for you, open the Windows Store app and click the three dots in the top right corner of the app and then go to Downloads and Updates. Click Get Updates. This should hopefully force the update to show

pc387

Thanks or this, I need to check but I think that is how I purchased it, so will certainly give it a try.  

Graham  

Edited by groberts

pc387

Graham  

56 minutes ago, PeterCPC said:

I just loaded a single FITS. file then stack and apply. Is that what you want?

I had tried this (and just tried again), but nothing seems to happen when pressing Stack, and the Apply button does not get activated. I was able to load a set of calibrated and registered lights (no darks, etc), and stack those.

/callump

16 minutes ago, callump said:

I had tried this (and just tried again), but nothing seems to happen when pressing Stack, and the Apply button does not get activated. I was able to load a set of calibrated and registered lights (no darks, etc), and stack those.

/callump

In that case I would post the issue to the Affinity Forum.

7 minutes ago, PeterCPC said:

In that case I would post the issue to the Affinity Forum.

Thanks - i may give that a try... Interestingly I was able to 'stack' a single file of the  set of registered fits files (using Siril), just not the Siril stacked file. Maybe there is something in the FITS header Affinity does not like...

/callump