Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Affinity Photo can now load .FITS Files

PeterCPC

For those that are not aware, the latest incarnation of Affinity (Beta) can now stack .FITS files as well as the usual RAW, jpeg etc. There is also a background reduction tool. The stacking options are a bit limited at the moment but I can see that these will be developed further. You can get the Beta version from the Affinity Forum but you have to have a license already.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, PeterCPC said:

Yes you don't load them by the usual "open file" method - on the right hand side is the stack menu after you select Astrphotography stack.

Indeed, when it failed first time I figured there must be another way 🙂

There's also a series of stacking video tutorials including OSC colour processing; Monochrome colour mapping; LRGB colour composition; HaRGB composition; Bicolour composition; and SHO composition which maybe useful for new comers.

pc387

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mick J said:

Just updated to 1.9 (and popped out for my jab).

I have Photo via Microsoft Store so some playing around, Designer purchased from Serif so just add key after download - both now 1.9  - good morning so far.

Already have AP v1.8 but can't find how to update - please direct?

@groberts Photo was purchased from microsoft store, had to load the store app and sign in, from my list of software (not much) found Affinity Photo and 'store' ran the update (no key number with store).  Was then able to launch photo from store window and nice to see version 1.9.0.932, I expect it would have happened automatically quite soon, has in the past.  Once opened Affinity gave me the option of registering the software.

Designer I have from Serif Affinity, downloaded and installed/updated to V1.9 was then asked for key before I could use.  I did download Photo from Affinity site but had to go via microsoft store.

So a difference depending on supplier.  So from the store app three dots top right gives Downloads and Updates.

Store.jpg

Edited by Mick J

29 minutes ago, dazza1639 said:

When you launch it, you should get a dialogue box saying there is a newer version available. 

No that's not happening - mine is v 1.8.5.703 bought a couple of years ago - is there a manual route to acces the update?

From the affinity forum site: iIf you’ve purchased from the Microsoft Store Microsoft Store updates are done automatically by the operating system (each time you start the application). If this does not happen for you, open the Windows Store app and click the three dots in the top right corner of the app and then go to Downloads and Updates. Click Get Updates. This should hopefully force the update to show

pc387
  • Like 1

Should also have added this:

If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store— each time you start the software it will check for updates and offer to download and install any available update. For the macOS release, in the application main menu there is an option "Check for Updates". Alternatively, you can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "download" button in there. Updates are installed automatically (or manually by installing the new version over the old) Previous builds do not need uninstalling first. New installations of paid software downloaded from the Affinity Store requires a product key and email pair to use.

• Like 1