Narrowband

Star adventurer with AZ4 steel tripod?

Victor Boesen

After almost three months of waiting for my AZ4 tripod originally purchased for my, at that time, new Tecnosky 102 f/7 telescope, I received it about a week ago. I wanted to try and mount the star adventurer on the tripod but didn't manage to do so because the wedge doesn't fit inside the slot of the tripod. The "pin" on the mount also seems to be in the way.

COMPLETED - SkyWatcher Heavy-Duty Tripod - now Sold - Sold / Expired  Classified Ads - Stargazers Lounge
Photo not mine, but it shows the pin where the star adventurer wedge should go.

Is there a spacer available or any other way of mounting the star adventurer to this tripod?
Thanks in advance!

Victor

12 minutes ago, banjaxed said:

For the AZ4 mount there is a 3/8” stainless steel tripod which does not have the locating pin. If you don’t intend to use it with an EQ Mount then you could cut it off.

I wouldn't want to exclude perhaps using an EQ mount at some point so I'd rather not remove it entirely. Removing the pin would still not make the star adventurer wedge fit inside the slot of the tripod since its diameter is too large for the tripod.