SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Solar 29th January 2021 in HA and Baader Ca-K

Nigella Bryant

17 minutes ago, vineyard said:

Lovely - I had a quick peep on Fri and say some nice looking proms & was curious whether you'd have a chance to image them!  The monochrome full disk really captures the level of activity. 👏🏾

Thanks, appreciate your comments. The proms certainly were fantastic many times bigger than the Earth.

1 minute ago, Steve Clay said:

Amazing. Can't remember last time I saw the sun in Cornwall...

Thanks Steve, appreciated. The Sun's always there, it's just those nasty clouds that get in the way, lol. I'm in the next county, Devon and I've only imaged the sun five times this month. 

IMG_20210115_131349.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Thanks Pete, appreciated.

Not managed much Solar imaging yet this year, I have noticed the Sun is above next doors conifers now most of the day. Makes image so much quicker and easier compared to having to get in the car during the winter.

12 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Not managed much Solar imaging yet this year, I have noticed the Sun is above next doors conifers now most of the day. Makes image so much quicker and easier compared to having to get in the car during the winter.

Yeah, it's difficult this time of year, I only get an hour window of opportunity in the afternoon from November to March because of tree's, add to that the weather cooperating at the same time is challenging to say the least. Still I don't have to drive anywhere so that's good. 

• Like 1

The "tuner" is a pressure chamber.  Screwing it in compresses the air which in turn increases pressure on the Ha etalon.  The etalon is two glass discs separated by a precise air gap, the increased pressure varies the air gap which varies the bandpass width of the etalon.  The bandpass determines what Ha detail is optimised.     🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

The "tuner" is a pressure chamber.  Screwing it in compresses the air which in turn increases pressure on the Ha etalon.  The etalon is two glass discs separated by a precise air gap, the increased pressure varies the air gap which varies the bandpass width of the etalon.  The bandpass determines what Ha detail is optimised.     🙂

Couldn't have explained it better Peter. Hope that's helpful Neil.

• Thanks 1