sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Original ASI air for sale

This ASIair actually belongs to MikeP, I had borrowed it from him while I had a ZWO camera. Mike has now upgraded to the newer Pro version so has asked me to list it for sale. 

The proceeds from this sale will be going to Charity - specifically to Macmillan Cancer,  which is incredibly generous of Mike!

The donation will be made in the name of Mike, and of course, the purchaser. 

Payment will be to me, I will then make the donation and post the receipt here for all to see. 

In perfect working order and flashed to latest firmware. Just download the ASIair app and away you go!

Price is £110 including UK insured postage. 

20210130_130311.jpg

20210130_130148.jpg

Screenshot_20210130-130033_ASIAIR.jpg

Screenshot_20210130-130017_ASIAIR.jpg

• Like 8
2 hours ago, geordie85 said:

Don't the rules state you cannot sell on behalf of someone else?

You may not buy or sell items on behalf of someone else - no exceptions.

Just trying to think of a response to that without breaking the rules

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

There have been a few precedents 'to sale on behalf of'. All as far as I know went well.

In this case the circumstances are explained so I don't have any problems.

Had this item come up a day earlier, I would have jumped at it. Only yesterday I took up the FLO offer.

Good luck with the sale and a wonderful gesture by Mike.

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Newforestgimp said:

Can this be used as a USB hub and bypass the ASIair software whilst using at home with Laptop and more familiar software such as APT, PHD2 etc ?

No it's a small Raspberry Pi running a linux OS, it would be an expensive usb hub and you'd need network software on both it and your laptop to be able to use the ports. You could use it to run another OS or even a different Linux Asto setup but the price is higher as there is a ASIAIR license included in the OS pre-loaded.

• Thanks 1
On 30/01/2021 at 14:22, geordie85 said:

Don't the rules state you cannot sell on behalf of someone else?

You may not buy or sell items on behalf of someone else - no exceptions.

Don’t know about you, but I reckon an Admin doing a great deed for charity on someone else’s behalf might just be ok by me? 😉

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

You couldn't find two finer gentlemen anywhere than MikeP. and Daz,  their services to SGL are  superb.
Mike has always had a generous nature, and Daz. has always given massive support to SGL.
Ron.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Stu said:

Don’t know about you, but I reckon an Admin doing a great deed for charity on someone else’s behalf might just be ok by me? 😉

I fully understand that and it is an incredible gesture. I was just asking if the rules state "no exceptions" and other adverts have been removed due to breaking the rules, why is this allowed?

Either way we're getting off topic so I'll refrain from posting here again.

2 hours ago, StevieDvd said:

No it's a small Raspberry Pi running a linux OS, it would be an expensive usb hub and you'd need network software on both it and your laptop to be able to use the ports. You could use it to run another OS or even a different Linux Asto setup but the price is higher as there is a ASIAIR license included in the OS pre-loaded.

Thanks, understand, was hoping it might be best of both worlds, powered usb hub by day, portable mini computer by night 👍

thanks anyway.

• 2 weeks later...