Narrowband

Another one hooked...

Clarkey

Hi,

As a regular reader of the SGL forums, I thought it was about time I introduced myself and started to contribute.

I only got into astronomy / imaging last year having purchased a 200p and HEQ5 for visual use in January. Although I always had imaging in the back of my mind, the idea was to spend a while observing then think about further kit. Anyway, that was the plan.....

1 year and a small fortune later I am now completely hooked on AP. I now have a SW ED80 DS-pro, an ASI1600 and EFW, an RC8, AZ-EQ6 and a cupboard load of other stuff. I am currently waiting for my Canon 600D to be returned after astro modification. I am now under orders to tame the spending or get a new wife. 

As I live in Cumbria the imaging time tends to be limited, with grey skies being standard fare. I now spend every day obsessively checking the weather forecast for the occasional break in the clouds. Despite only imaging for about six months, I have made some progress and am quite pleased with some of my images - although I know they can be improved. I have enclosed a couple for constructive criticism (be kind - I'm still total novice).

Anyway - hello to everyone and clear skies to all.

Rosette AF 1 (2).jpg

Bodes - APP3.jpg

Processed HSO 1 (1).jpg

• Like 19