Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M82 The Cigar Galaxy

peter shah

M82 imaged with another one of the scopes I have built in Spain,  taken in RGB and Ha, with the 17inch Planewave, L500 mount. Moravian 16803.
All 5min unguided subs. just over four and a half hours each in RGB and nearly 6hours in Ha giving a total of 19 and a half hours. Cropped from the full frame.
Processing in Pixinsight, Photoshop and Lightroom.
Thanks for looking
Peter Shah

M82-crop.jpg

• Like 29

Thank you for your comments. It was a crop from a wider field...I did have to deal with a big artefact which is actually on the sensor. It wouldn't calibrate out so the camera has got to go back to Moravian to fix it which is a bit of a pain.

M82 Repair Job.jpg

Edited by peter shah

13 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

That’s a shame Peter.  What’s the problem with it ?

Moisture on the sensor has left a stain across it....It just needs the sensor cleaning and re-purging....not difficult to do....just a pain to get it done!.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, peter shah said:

Moisture on the sensor has left a stain across it....It just needs the sensor cleaning and re-purging....not difficult to do....just a pain to get it done!.

Agree. Done once. Now, I decided to pay the cost but cleaning and purge, by the shop.

• Like 1