SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Auriga Widefield Narrowband - Mosaic

bdlbug

All,

my first colour mosaic,  a lot of challenges and issues with capture, clouds, orientation of panels etc.. Processing - laptop crashes and trashed SSD so lost all separate channel integrations for one panel. Used APP mosiac mode to integrate Ha panels in non-linear state.... and a whole lot more.....

Anyway huge field of view

Pixel scale: 6.018 arcsec/pixel

Orientation: 249.222 degrees

Field radius: 7.558 degrees

Samyang 135mm / ASI1600MM
Over 30hrs+ in 240s subs
Optilong Ha / Sii / Oiii

Began the capture of the Flame nebula panel in October 2020 - completed(but not finished) January 2021

Bryan

Auriga_Extreme_4_Panel_V2_resize_40pct.thumb.png.c48a3effe11b32407eeb561aa4f8c5bd.png

Edited by bdlbug
  • Like 49

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback  - and reading through the comments I must namecheck @Adreneline as it was October last year when I had just 'discovered' the Auriga region for myself that Adrian posted a  widefield of Spaghetti nebula and IC405/410 showing how close they were  in widefield angular terms - and thats when I got the inspiration to embark on this project, that has been an obsession at times both on the imaging side and possibly more so on the processing.... but thats why we do this right ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bdlbug said:

Adrian posted a  widefield of Spaghetti nebula and IC405/410 showing how close they were  in widefield angular terms

Very kind of you to mention me in your post. I just love widefield and and love mosaics - or at least I love them since I discovered how easily and well APP stitches them together!

The question I have - and maybe this should be a whole new thread - is what defines widefield? Is it a focal length thing or an angular thing? We have two separate forum where widefield gets posted but what are the criteria? - and does it matter anyway.

Right forum or not it's still an outstanding image - thanks for sharing.

Adrian

• Like 1