stargazine_ep46_banner.thumb.jpg.34e6cdd5a0856b006a0b47c6373eb9b1.jpg

Skywatcher V3 handset holder for EQ5 mount

(I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the Wanted Classified section, but I'll try here first).

I'm getting paranoid about dropping my handset and it hitting my patio, so I was wondering if anyone can point me at a holder for the handset that attaches to the mount or tripod.  I'm looking at smartphone mounts for cars or tripods as a possibility, but again, it's fixing these to the mount in a sensible way.  I've also seen this thread about a DIY version but I've no access to a 3D printer to get one made. 

Does anyone have any suggestions - apart from the Velcro option which I don't want to explore.

Thanks in advance.

Unless there is someone here on SGL that could print one for you as a last resort.

Why not put an ad in the Wanted section asking if someone has a spare one.

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

I have a couple of the Synscan brackets which came with the HEQ5 and EQ3 Pro Synscans which I don't use. The brackets are the same for both of the Synscan units shown. If you want to send a pre-stamped 'jiffy' type bag I'll give one of the brackets to you. It even comes with instructions on how to fix it to the tripod legs. 😀 It weighs 50g to give an idea of postage costs.

IMG_3099.jpg.19e990b8bd5f544a46a62b9357a9478b.jpg

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 27/01/2021 at 16:57, symmetal said:

I have a couple of the Synscan brackets which came with the HEQ5 and EQ3 Pro Synscans which I don't use. The brackets are the same for both of the Synscan units shown. If you want to send a pre-stamped 'jiffy' type bag I'll give one of the brackets to you. It even comes with instructions on how to fix it to the tripod legs. 😀 It weighs 50g to give an idea of postage costs.

Alan

Ooh!  Thank you very much!

I foolishly didn't set the 'follow topic' on this so I didn't see your reply.  I'll drop you a PM right now.

Martin

• Like 1
1 hour ago, johninderby said:

You can set the automatic follow option for threads ypu start or post in.

Just open the notification settings in your account settings and set the options.

Thanks John