SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first EAA attempt - Eskimo Nebula (NGC 2392)

Tiago Ferreira

This was 4 days ago, my first attempt with live stack on sharpcap pro with Eskimo Nebula (NGC 2392).

As a first attempt was a mess, like riding with closed eyes, and not really knowing what i was doing but the funny thing of this is that i'm sure in the future i will see this post with a smile in my face smile.png

12" GSO dobsonian on Geoptik eq platform

ZWO ASI224MC

TotalExposure(s)=2

StackedFrames=1

EAA_Stack_16bits_1frames_2s.png

Edited by astrocanito
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Nice one! I like the detail (in my 8" Dob, visual only, i show a fuzzy disk next to the sharp star).

my intention with EAA is to make the colors and other details jump and it works. it is to use sometimes because i prefer mainly visual all the time.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Martin Meredith said:

Pretty good for 2s in colour! Glad to see you've got your EQ platform and dob working.

Martin

lol it's a start. next time i will try to push more, I'm still learning sharpcap. the geoptik platform is very very nice and stable, I'm glad i invested in it instead of more eyepieces, etc.

Very impressive image of the Eskimo, especially for your first try. Being new to SharpCap, have you found the sharpening tool in the livestack's enhancement page? If not you might want to try it out - in particular the Gaussian Blur section where you can play around with the two sliders and get immediate feedback. You may find that you can extract even more on-screen detail of the Eskimo's fur hood and the shape of his face.

David

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AusGuy said:

Very impressive image of the Eskimo, especially for your first try. Being new to SharpCap, have you found the sharpening tool in the livestack's enhancement page? If not you might want to try it out - in particular the Gaussian Blur section where you can play around with the two sliders and get immediate feedback. You may find that you can extract even more on-screen detail of the Eskimo's fur hood and the shape of his face.

David

No i didn't. I use the telescope almost every night but for visual. Next time i connect the camera i will search for it.