SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars & Uranus from North Cornwall 23-1-21

AstroNebulee

On a good seeing night I went back to familiar targets Mars & Uranus after my mammoth mission on Luna.  I thought I'd give these a second go with the sky so clear last night. Stacked and processed with pipp, as3, registax 6 and ps with a little windows edit. Clear skies

Mars-23-1-21-crop.jpg

Uranus-23-1-21.jpg

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Great stuff. Nice detail on Mars considering it's moving away. 👍

That little Skymax 127 is keeping you busy. 😀

I'm having so much fun my skymax 127, it's been a delight to use, view and image with it, very  impressed with the clarity on the moon. It's a shame I never had this mount when Mars was in opposition last year as would if had some cracking views and images. 🌌🔭🌔

39 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Some nice details visible on Mars, especially considering the size of the planet and the aperture used. Nice to see Uranus as well.

Thanks Pete I was amazed at the detail on Mars considering how far away it is now. First time I've ever seen let alone inage Uranus, clear skies 

Edited by LeeHore7
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Craney said:

Very nice image of Uranus.

Is that with the ZWO120mm ??    Did you use a barlow ??

Thanks Craney, az I said above first time I've Uranus let alone inage it. Itcwas captured using my zwo asi120mc-s and x2 Barlow, clear skies 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Very tricky to get any detail on Uranus, even harder on Neptune. I did manage to capture one of the polar regions a couple of years back on Uranus.

That must of been a great image to capture, I expect its a bit easier when Uranus is in opposition 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeeHore7 said:

That must of been a great image to capture, I expect its a bit easier when Uranus is in opposition 

I dont think there is too much difference in angular size  to be honest, its always between 3.4 and 3.7 arcseconds. It was down to transparency and bit of luck with the seeing conditions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

I dont think there is too much difference in angular size  to be honest, its always between 3.4 and 3.7 arcseconds. It was down to transparency and bit of luck with the seeing conditions.

I'll give it a go when we next get a clear night down here, thick with fog and mizzle now 

• Like 1