SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Binoculars for Occasional Observing...

I was out in my ponies field one evening over the weekend there and noticed some stars and constellations where easily observable.  I was thinking "wouldn't it be great if I'd had a pair of binoculars in my rucksack" at the time.  That being said, I'd want something that not 20x80 or something ridiculous too big like that to carry around.

Looking back at old The Sky At Night with Patrick Moore, one of his favourites was a pair of 7x50 binos.  There are of course, the usual 10x50 pair.  Ideally, a pair of 7x50 would be great, along with a collapsible monopod (to fit in a rucksack).

Does anyone have any recommendations for under £100?🤔

Hi Ian I agree nice pair of 7x50 gives great views I used a pair for 30+ years, these came to a sticky end and I now have a pair of 8x42 they are fairly compact.

I also use a 7x50 monocular, not as good owing to only using the one eye but good cheers

• Like 1