sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Flaming Star Samyang 135, ZWO 533mc

Stardust

The Flaming star nebula in Auriga 1500 light years from us. Nearly didn't process this as I didn't think there was enough data, glad I looked again.

Taken 9-01-21 with my ZWO 533mc Samyang 135mm @f2.8 Optolong L-enhance filter 24x 5 mins = 2 hrs exposure time. No calibration frames

ZWO533Samyangf2.jpg

• Like 13

58 minutes ago, old_eyes said:

Very nice indeed! That's what I hope mine will look like with some more data. When I get some 🙄.

Thankyou, that was my first good night with the camera  Yes agree that more time is needed but you're off to a running start. Been a very bad start to the year, got to grab a clear night when you can.

10 minutes ago, Martthebass said:

I think it must be the '533' effect?  I've had less than 2 hours sky time with mine since it arrived 3 weeks ago.    

The weather has started off a but crap this year. Thus week is no better for me.

Im considering a OSC camera in the near future ,  I cant recall the last time I finished a project with my mono CCD, I think it will be up for sale soon,  Im have the 533MC or the 2600MC in mind, It makes complete sense with the weather we get in the UK , seasons change between the clear skies I get .

A nice image for only a few hours integration.

Mark

Edited by Astroscot2

51 minutes ago, Astroscot2 said:

Im considering a OSC camera in the near future ,  I cant recall the last time I finished a project with my mono CCD, I think it will be up for sale soon,  Im have the 533MC or the 2600MC in mind, It makes complete sense with the weather we get in the UK , seasons change between the clear skies I get .

A nice image for only a few hours integration.

Mark

That was my thinking exactly mark, the weather is the main reason. These newer osc  cameras and dual band filters have really come on and opened things up. I still have my mono ccd, it's still better, but one clear night in a month doesn't complete an image. 

5 hours ago, ultranova said:

That's come out a treat, 

Nice to see that area in all its glory,

Looking forward to your next wide field.

well done

Paul

Thanks  that lens is a little gem.  The cone has a lot of nebulosity round it 

4 hours ago, MartinB said:

Great target for the 135mm.  It is a wonderful area and a nicely excecuted image.

It's amazing just how large some of these objects are.  I think the camera has done well for only 2 hrs, wonder how much better it would be with another hour or two.