Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Solarmax II 60mm first light

aramitsharma

The seeing was extremely bad, or it could have been me. While changing the focuser, forgot to mark the hole which had the screw originally. There was nothing visually except some prominences even after tuning knob being turned either way. Luckily camera picked some details

001.jpg

002.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Hi, a good start. Try and get even illumination with the etchalon and the tuner. I did a tutorial on this albeit with a Lunt 60mm DS. Second image was through misty cloud, challenging sky.

PSX_20201208_100537.jpg

PSX_20210116_143037.jpg

Can you actually get even illumination with a tilt tuned scope. Lunt is pressure tuned if I'm not wrong..

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, aramitsharma said:

Can you actually get even illumination with a tilt tuned scope. Lunt is pressure tuned if I'm not wrong..

Hiya, my DS is a bit of both. The single stack is pressure tuned but the double stack is tilt turned so I'd guess you can get a better degree of overall illumination. Best to slightly over expose so that you can see where the illumination lies, is, off center or centered. Is off center tweak the tilt or even turn the camera or both. Until fairly centered. It makes the post processing so much easier.

Imaging Technique to attain on band HA and full illumination

By Nigella Bryant, July 1, 2020 in Imaging - Solar

Edited by Nigella Bryant
Link to Tutorial added
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Hiya, my DS is a bit of both. The single stack is pressure tuned but the double stack is tilt turned so I'd guess you can get a better degree of overall illumination. Best to slightly over expose so that you can see where the illumination lies, is, off center or centered. Is off center tweak the tilt or even turn the camera or both. Until fairly centered. It makes the post processing so much easier.

Imaging Technique to attain on band HA and full illumination

By Nigella Bryant, July 1, 2020 in Imaging - Solar

That's great to know.. 4 years of doing Ha and I didn't try that..

Thanks will give it a shot next time. I have the hypercam 174 so got plenty of space to move the sun around on the sensor

• Thanks 1