Narrowband

Clarification for maximum weight for star adventurer

Xenolithic6

Hello, 

I have a Skywatcher Star Adventurer 2i. I want to upgrade my imaging kit, and saw a YouTube video where someone had the following on a star adventurer. I looked up their weights and got the following:

ZWO ASI1600MM -410g

WO Spacecat 51 -1400g

7x Filter Wheel -400g

ZWO ASI120MM -60g

ZWO 30 F4 -500g

ZWO ASIAir -N/A as not attached

WO Cat Saddlebar -140g

Dec Bracket -550g

Which amounts to ~3.6kg, and with the counterweight totals ~4.6kg which is just shy of the payload limit.

I am thinking about using the Zenithstar 61, which weights 2.2kg with a Saddlebar and dovetail, and replacing the 30 F4 with the WO UniGuide which is 240g, and adding the WO FLAT61R at 270g.

This makes a total payload weight of ~4.2kg. Adding the counterweight, which would likely need to be 2kg to balance brings the total weight to 6.2kg.

Now, I do not know if the advertised payload weight of 5kg includes the counterweight or not. Would this setup be too heavy?

Edited by Xenolithic6

9 hours ago, Xenolithic6 said:

Hello, 

I have a Skywatcher Star Adventurer 2i. I want to upgrade my imaging kit, and saw a YouTube video where someone had the following on a star adventurer. I looked up their weights and got the following:

ZWO ASI1600MM -410g

WO Spacecat 51 -1400g

7x Filter Wheel -400g

ZWO ASI120MM -60g

ZWO 30 F4 -500g

ZWO ASIAir -N/A as not attached

WO Cat Saddlebar -140g

Dec Bracket -550g

Which amounts to ~3.6kg, and with the counterweight totals ~4.6kg which is just shy of the payload limit.

I am thinking about using the Zenithstar 61, which weights 2.2kg with a Saddlebar and dovetail, and replacing the 30 F4 with the WO UniGuide which is 240g, and adding the WO FLAT61R at 270g.

This makes a total payload weight of ~4.2kg. Adding the counterweight, which would likely need to be 2kg to balance brings the total weight to 6.2kg.

Now, I do not know if the advertised payload weight of 5kg includes the counterweight or not. Would this setup be too heavy?

You don't include counter weights in the payload limit of an eq mount.