SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Just before I hit the button.

Hi guys,

In my basket is the below.

I will be using a crop sensor camera (Canon 60D) to image and a ZWO ASI 120 to guide.

1st question: Can I get away with not buying the FF/FR? if so how much will I need to crop a large object? or should I just get it anyway for a faster f ratio and guaranteed flat field.

The "wish I'd bought it now" feeling later when I've wasted a very rare clear night is not something I need lol.

2nd question: Am I forgetting anything?

Thanks.

William Optics x0.8 Adjustable Reducer Flattener for ZS73William Optics x0.8 Adjustable Reducer Flattener for ZS73Model: wo-flattener-ZS73R7x in stock shipped 1-2 working days

+

£219.00

William Optics 50mm Slide-base Uniguide scope with 1.25'' RotolockWilliam Optics 50mm Slide-base Uniguide scope with 1.25" Rotolock

Colour:  GoldColour:  Red

Model: wo_50mm_uniguide_slide_base_red4x in stock shipped 1-2 working days

+

£125.00

William Optics Zenithstar 73 II APO 2019William Optics Zenithstar 73 II APO 2019

Colour:  GoldColour:  Red

Model: wo_zs73_rd4x in stock shipped 1-2 working days

+

£549.00

William Optics DSLR-M48 Ring AdapterWilliam Optics DSLR-M48 Ring Adapter

Choose:  Canon EOS (Space Gray):  £22.00Choose:  Canon EOS (Black):  £25.00Choose:  Nikon F (Space Gray):  £22.00Choose:  Nikon F (Black):  £25.00Choose:  Sony E Mount (Black):  £35.00Choose:  Olympus Micro Four Thirds  (Space Gray):  £29.00Choose:  Pentax K Mount (Space Gray):  £25.00Choose:  Fuji FX (Black):  £35.00

Model: wo_m48_adapter_canon_black7x in stock shipped 1-2 working days

+

£25.00

Edited by MARS1960

48 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

I personally almost always use my flattener/reducer (0.8x) with my APM 80 mm F/6. Imaging at F/4.8 really helps, and the field is nice and flat. On the rare occasions I don't use the reducer, I do insert the 1x flattener I got with the scope.

41 minutes ago, vindubs said:

I have the 73II and use the 73R excellent bit of kit! If you gong to use DSLR then a must. 

Thanks to you both guys, I almost changed my mind and went with 1.1 Flattener, but it sounds like you both agree the 0.8 FR/FF is better and that faster f ratio really appeals.