Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

FS102NSV vs FC100DZ

I have a Tak FC100 DZ and a Tak FS 102 ( not the NSV ver, which has retracting dewcap).

Both perform equally well to my eye, I.e. visually. They are as near perfection as you can get in a 10 cm scope. 

The main difference is the FS is slightly bulkier and heavier, with a wider tube. So the FC is slightly more easily transported and mounted (e.g. my ScopeTech Zero mount can just take the FC but not the FS).

Both are lovely scopes.

Yes. An official distributor in the world sells it to me (I had to speak several languages these days :-)) and it has been tested on the optical bench resulting in collimation.

so i go. 

sin is missing the original 6x30. I will find one of the time, the current beliefs being different in color i think

I am attaching the photo of the lens. your eyes are more experienced than mine.

if it is perfect as they say it id finally may  Guy's dreams that happen

Edited by Fedele
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fedele said:

is the lens ok in your opinion? pity it doesn't have its original finder and holder and the original fittings

The objective lens looks immaculate like the rest of the scope.

You can buy the finder brackets, finders and other stuff separately:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/takahashi-other-accessories/tak_tka00562.html

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/takahashi-other-accessories/tak_tka00551.html

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John said:

The objective lens looks immaculate like the rest of the scope.

You can buy the finder brackets, finders and other stuff separately:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/takahashi-other-accessories/tak_tka00562.html

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/takahashi-other-accessories/tak_tka00551.html

Oh.....  I was told that the new ones are of a different color and that the old ones are no longer found. thanks for the tip. I buy them

36 minutes ago, Fedele said:

Oh.....  I was told that the new ones are of a different color and that the old ones are no longer found. thanks for the tip. I buy them

As astro_al says, it is worth checking to see which colour will be supplied. Otherwise you could try a wanted advert on the UK Astro Buy & Sell website.

2 hours ago, Fedele said:

is the lens ok in your opinion? pity it doesn't have its original finder and holder and the original fittings

I wouldn't worry about those small details..if you really want the original fittings, you can advertise for them on the used market, as John and Al advise above.. however, the Japanese observers only usually use "straight through" finderscopes..but here in the West we tend to use RACI (Right Angle Correct Image) finders more.. these have a 90 degree diagonal fixed into them, for more comfortable viewing, and show the image upright.

I have a lovely Tak FS128, and it came with the (very nice) original finder, a 7x50mm straight through model. But I find a RACI finder more comfortable, so I sold the Tak finder and bought a cheaper Skywatcher RACI 9x50 model, and put the extra funds towards a good quality eyepiece. I have used the RACI finder on the FS128 for over 3 years now, and have never regretted the change👍.

Whichever you decide to go for, may I encourage you not to worry about these accessories, but instead to celebrate what a lovely telescope you have found, in wonderful condition..after all, most of your viewing will be through the main FS102 scope, not its' finderscope!😊

Dave

IMG_20200512_125038690.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
Photo added, Text added
  • Like 4

sorry in advance for the long post

request clarification and info about accessories and fittings.
 1) what you see in the picture is a 2 "extension. I asked for a 2" reducer to be included.
Does the tube have the necessary for a correct and standard initial use?

2) I will make a visual use of the telescope, mainly binocular. I have the following accessories park:
- prismatic diagonal baader with T-2 Prism 32 # 2456005
- Baader Maxbright II - Baader Click Lock # 2458100
- Baader T-2 Quick Charger # 2456313
- Baader T-2/1 1/4 "Nosepiece # 2458105
- T adapter Ultrashort T-2 SC 7
eyepieces 31.8:
- n 2 Baader Classic Ortho 10 mm - n 2 Flat Field 12 mm
- n 2 Ultra Flat Field 18 mm 65 °
- n 1 televue Barlow 2x

am I missing something about the fittings?
as for the eyepieces: the pair of UFF 18mm I would like to give it away because I did not like it: they suffers from parallax which is annoying in binocular. the 12mm are similar, but at the moment I keep them. I liked the baader ortho instead. I like eyepieces without parallax, with a large field, possibly with few lenses.
Do you advise me how to best renew (without spending a fortune) the eyepiece set for BINO and mono vision? I like to range from large fields to high magnifications. I was thinking of two or three pairs of eyepieces to use in the turret and then those that are used for the strongest magnifications.

2”? 1 1/4”  ?  etc
I love to look at objects outlined by the field around, and not too short exit pupils. I can't stand parallax.

thanks for the help

Edited by Fedele

13 hours ago, F15Rules said:

I have a lovely Tak FS128, and it came with the (very nice) original finder, a 7x50mm straight through model. But I find a RACI finder more comfortable, so I sold the Tak finder and bought a cheaper Skywatcher RACI 9x50 model, and put the extra funds towards a good quality eyepiece. I have used the RACI finder on the FS128 for over 3 years now, and have never regretted the change

I love the look and the optics of my Tak 6x30 finder but like others find it difficult to use and presently my Skywatcher RA finder is back on my FC-100DL.

I'm sure if Mr Takahashi produced a RACI finder it would sell like hot cakes over here, another alternative would be to paint your RACI finder a matching Tak white and call it a TACKY-RACI 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Fedele said:

The lens looks perfect, as does the entire telescope.  The FS is the right choice in this instance. The real life difference between any of the Tak refractors is quite small, so the price difference means your FS102 is a fantastic bargain.  As regards the fluorite element, it is true that the FS uses a front fluorite element, but Takahashi use a super hard coating that protects the lens. The fluorite will be perfect in a hundred years from now if you take care of your scope. All the nonsense that can be read about fluorite being unstable is largely scare mongering from competitors. You have a top class refractor, so enjoy yourself with your new best friend! ☺

• Like 5

Eyepieces are a personal choice and there are so many great eyepieces to choose from. Personally i like some of the older and simpler designs such as the five element Ultrascopics and Ultimas. Takahashi have their own line of eyepieces but as with anything with the Tak logo, they arent cheap. However, more modern designs like the Baader Morpheus are well worth considering. Pentax XW's are some of the best eyepieces out there. Not cheap, but once bought they'll last a lifetime.

It looks like you need a 2" to 1.24" Tak back for your focuser ( shown below bottom left). Or you could buy a Baader 1.25" prism diagonal with a 2" nose piece which will fit your existing back. (below right). The item at the top is just an image amplifier so ignor that!

IMG_7741.jpg.d3f94e5d0dcd76b70cd9cf0f6516be19.jpg

• Like 1

The eyepieces that I use with my Tak FC100-DL are a mix of Tele Vue Delos and Pentax XW's. I'm very happy with their performance.

These scopes can handle surprisingly high magnifications really well so don't forget shorter focal length eyepieces !

• Like 1