Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Three DSO's in one night!

Gerr

The 6th January was clear and still and so at last a good night for imaging (not perfect as Moon was still waning).

My 8" SW 200P Reflector was wanting to be used and so it was carefully mounted onto the HEQ5 and payload maxed out with the imaging train.

Yeah I know - this combination is a big ask for the job (but an EQ6 is beyond me at the moment!). Anyway with careful balancing and hardly any wind it was worth trying!

Nebula were best targets and again new ones for me.

These were the Bubble Nebula, Cave Nebula and Monkey Head Nebula. The Optolong L-eNhance Dual Narrowband Filter was used for all images.

Usual calibration frames and dithered instead of Dark's. Other 'Astro Stuff' is in my signature. 

Any constructive criticism's welcome.

Gerr :)

Bubble Nebula (Sharpless 162) 15x240secs (1 hour of data).

Cave Nebula (Sh2-155) 7x240secs & 23x300secs (2hrs 23 mins).

Monkey Head Nebula (NGC 2174) 44x240secs (just under 3hrs).

Bubble Nebula.jpg

Cave Nebula1.jpg

Monkey Head Nebula.jpg

• Like 5

I use a Canon 650D (rebel T4i) which is astromodded. I know I need more data time to reduce noise (esp. image 2) and a better camera but for one shot DSLR colour the results aren't too bad I suppose. There is a ceiling here with image data and processing techniques and once I think I'm there I will look to buy a dedicated astro cam (mono plus RGB filters maybe the way to go)!!

I use 1600 ISO as it's the camera's sweetspot.

Tah,

Gerr.

Edited by Gerr
more info

Thank Mackie,

Always wanting to improve and making the most of what I already have.

My step-up would be dedicated mono astro cam with RGB filters (plus mount plus bigger refractor / reflector plus second home in Cyprus / Barbados!!!!???) :)

Cheers,

Gerr.