Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help, trouble getting spacing right

simmo39

Hi, I have had this scope setup for over a year but since before Xmas I have had a lot of issues with tilt and droop of the focuser and now its compounded by spacing problems. I didnt have so much of a problem before ( the tilt was always there but never as bad as it is now ) Can somebody look at this Ha sub and advise me where Im going wrong? Am I to close for the FF or to far out ?

The Scope is a SW 72 ED using a OVL FF at the moment the spacing is just about 55mm.

Thanks in advance

50830991461_82a3061ed5_b.jpg

I use an ASI1600 on a SW ED72 with the OVL FF and have the same issue. I have gradually increased the spacing and am currently at 58.5mm. Stars are much better now with only the very edge stars showing elongation. I have read elsewhere that the sweet spot is 60mm. The problem is that CCD Inspector reports the curvature getting worse but I see the stars getting better. Try increasing your spacing. 
Cheers

Bill

Edited by A320Flyer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, A320Flyer said:

I use an ASI1600 on a SW ED72 with the OVL FF and have the same issue. I have gradually increased the spacing and am currently at 58.5mm. Stars are much better now with only the very edge stars showing elongation. I have read elsewhere that the sweet spot is 60mm. The problem is that CCD Inspector reports the curvature getting worse but I see the stars getting better. Try increasing your spacing. 
Cheers

Bill

Hi Bill, thanks for the reply. I will increase as you recomend. I just dont understand how I got it right before and now cant sort it, Must be an age thing or gremlins!