Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

StellaMira 80mm ED f/10 Refractor with Crayford Focuser

FLO

Lovely looking scope,but speaking personally, I'd far rather have a good rack and pinion focuser than a good crayford  - they just don't slip under heavy load when properly adjusted.

I'd keep the R&P and put the savings towards another Morpheus eyepiece..from FLO of course!😁

Dave

• Like 3

On 12/01/2021 at 18:46, johninderby said:

Ah ha.......no finder shoe. 🙀

Oh yeah! that's not so good then. EDIT: just realised the R&P version also doesn't have a finder shoe. 

Edited by Lockie
  • Like 1

I'm biased, having had one of these (the original with R&P focuser) since June...

I personally wouldn't buy one of these at all... instead, I'd buy two if I could (one of each)🤣

Super sharp, contrasty, vivid views of the moon, planets and double stars. Superbly built, look stunning and will make you smile every time you use it 👍

Exhibit A... I rest my case 😀

StellaMira_on_Report372.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HollyHound said:

I'm biased, having had one of these (the original with R&P focuser) since June...

I personally wouldn't buy one of these at all... instead, I'd buy two if I could (one of each)🤣

Super sharp, contrasty, vivid views of the moon, planets and double stars. Superbly built, look stunning and will make you smile every time you use it 👍

Exhibit A... I rest my case 😀

StellaMira_on_Report372.jpg

This combo looks utterly perfect! so just for future reference is that a mount zero and report 312? 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Lockie said:

This combo looks utterly perfect! so just for future reference is that a mount zero and report 312? 

Thanks... Yes, it’s a ScopeTech Zero Mount on Berlebach Report 372 (astronomy variant of 312) with a 3/8” adaptor.

It’s my grab and go mount, but the one I use the most... I also use it with the Mak 127 or C5. With either of these onboard it can be carried out one handed 👍

Edited by HollyHound
  • Thanks 1

Also bear in mind, these are really well built (although quite heavy), have high quality CNC machined tube rings and a decent aluminium carry case (I’ve added my own foam insert to mine).

A472C58E-3C22-4728-BF39-F926FE2AC3CA.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Really 🤨?
So roughly how many is too many?

I think when you cannot find room, too many start to kick in....

That's not    "too many telescopes"

It's ..............  "not enough dry sheds"     

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fifeskies said:

That's not    "too many sheds"

it's ................  "too small a garden"

According to planning permission you're only supposed to use up 50% of your garden space with outbuildings, lol. I could possibly get another observatory on mine but my partner wants a summer house so I'll have to make do with one dome and a ROR, lol. I guess it's telescope's x observatories X how much you value your relationship, lol. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

According to planning permission you're only supposed to use up 50% of your garden space with outbuildings, lol. I could possibly get another observatory on mine but my partner wants a summer house so I'll have to make do with one dome and a ROR, lol. I guess it's telescope's x observatories X how much you value your relationship, lol. 

Hmmm, if that's correct in Green Belt, then I have scope 🤣 for many more sheds and scopes

• Haha 2