stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

Bad Quark Chromosphere on arrival?

1 hour ago, david_taurus83 said:

Are Daystar aware of the bad press they receive on forums like this?

I don’t see how they can’t be. I also don’t understand why they don’t up the price of the Quarks to cover whatever is needed to ensure better QC. Even if they added 50% to the cost it would still be cheaper than other high resolution options. 

Edited by astro_al
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I jumped the gun on my Quark chromosphere despite the bad reviews about Daystar's QC. On arrival the red side of the filter have some very noticable scratches and some part that looks like unh

This makes me wish you'd ship it to me so i can drive there and bounce it off their foreheads,

I'll be on my sixth replacement when I send this one back, had an original one that worked fine but gradually failed to tune, ever since they've been flying back and forth regularly across the Atlanti

Posted Images

1 minute ago, astro_al said:

I don’t see how they can’t be. I also don’t understand why they don’t up the price of the Quarks to cover whatever is needed to ensure better QC. Even if they added 50% to the cost it would still be cheaper than other high resolution options. 

They already increased the price once. I believe when it started the Quark is priced at 999$

Like Nigella says, Lunt / Bresser certainly support you, when I had my LS60 which was pressure tuned , they supplied  two sets of O rings and I was also concerned about the condition of the blocking filter ITF, they supplied both Free of Charge , no problem 

My Lunt performed great no doubt about that. 

Hopefully my Quantum will Last many years without trouble, by that time maybe DS will get there act together 

There are many happy owners of Quark filters, once going they do the job well, but it can be a lottery 

Rich

I have to say that Tiffany Messershmitt ( yes that's her real name and she looks as you would expect 😄 ) has always been very helpful in all my dealings with her over the phone 
I guess it's not her fault if there are a load of wombats working for the company.

My advice to anyone considering buying a Quark is to get a second hand one that you can see images taken with, this is what I resorted to eventually to be able to continue solar imaging while trying to get one fixed.

Dave

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Davey-T said:

I have to say that Tiffany Messershmitt ( yes that's her real name and she looks as you would expect 😄 ) has always been very helpful in all my dealings with her over the phone 
I guess it's not her fault if there are a load of wombats working for the company.

My advice to anyone considering buying a Quark is to get a second hand one that you can see images taken with, this is what I resorted to eventually to be able to continue solar imaging while trying to get one fixed.

Dave

Tiffany has been very helpful to me too, one of the reason that I decided to jump the gun on a Quark despite the bad reviews are Jen and Tiffany are very friendly and respond quickly when I try to reach out to them.

But it seems DS have some serious problems with their QC protocol. I think there should be a QC card that have every steps of the QC process documented, signed off by the person who performed it. That card or a copy of it must reach the final customer and people can know for a fact that what went wrong and who is responsible. So by feedback to the manufacturer, the customer also putting pressure into individual, not just the QC process as a whole.

You'd be surprised with the work ethic of some guys. They are very happy to pack a notworking product and ship it out as long as they reach their daily quota.

I used to run a manufacturing line for VNese manufacturer that used to have the same problem: quality varies greatly from unit to unit, dirty part, things not working on arrival, electronics have short lifespan etc... and since we streamlined our QC process with a feedback loop from customers we quickly weed out the problematic parts and improved customer experience vastly. It seems either Daystar is struggling with this or not willing to do so, which seems weird to me because paying for the return/servicing of defective product always outweight improving QC by a few order of magnitude. And bad QC is the most damaging thing that can be done to the company image. 

Edited by Minhlead
  • Like 2