Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Probably one for the Esteemed Mr Dyson

Kaptain Klevtsov

Looking at the excellent crop of pictures that are here for our pleasure, I have been trying to find the various named portions on the snaps that I have taken, mostly without success. Most recently I was struggling with a string of big craters that just HAD to be there, but I couldn't find them on the maps that I have.

Eureka moment this evening was finding the Mare Nectarius picture. It looked so much like mine but so different, then BOING, mine's the other way round! A reflection of the image

So what gives? I don't remember having the camera on backwards, nor did i flip anything in photoshop. How in the cloudy did I manage that?

Pictures were taken with the DSLR on the OMC140 with a Barlow - any theories are welcome as I am baffled (and pleased that I only need to flip the pictures)

Captain Chaos

I think i catch ya drift the reason for this is i used a corrected diagnol on the Refractor(Things the right way up or left or right), it is confuseing at first CC and i can see why you wouldnt know..

Thanks for the kind comments...

James

Your images are the same as the maps. So everybody except me got it wrong? Don't think so!

I wasn't using a diagonal, camera was straight on the back of the ....... penny dropped I think. I DID use a diagonal, to get further away from the Barlow to up the Mag. That must have been where it happened.

That means that the Moontage that I posted is all the wrong way round. :oops:

Captain Chaos

If your worries CC, just use the mirror image command in PS.

All sorts of weird things can happen depending on the type of scope you use, if you use a barlow. It's different again if you use EP projection!

All good fun.

Ant

I still like the picture, it just REALLY messed with my head when I tried to identify some of the craters and stuff. None of my stuff looked even close to what was on the maps. Now that I know I can check the maps fit the picture before I finish playing (do we ever finish playing?) in Photoshop.

BTW Thanks for not laughing

Captain Chaos

Archived