Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

FD of Sun 5th January 2021

Nigella Bryant

49 minutes ago, bsshog40 said:

Wow, that's awesome! Is there anyway of getting anything close to your views with a little C90 mak? 

Hi, no there isn't I'm afraid. Imaging was in hydrogen alpha. You need either a quark or a dedicated hydrogen alpha telescope, also you'd need a refractor. With the Mak you can do white light solar imaging/observation. You must always use a solar filter on the front of the Mak not an hershal wedge. You'd be able to pick up any spots and falculea. Solar imaging equipment is very expensive unless you're able to get second hand. White light filters are less so. You can also add a continuume filter. You can make your own white light filter using baader solar film nd5. Hope that helps.

24 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Hi, no there isn't I'm afraid. Imaging was in hydrogen alpha. You need either a quark or a dedicated hydrogen alpha telescope, also you'd need a refractor. With the Mak you can do white light solar imaging/observation. You must always use a solar filter on the front of the Mak not an hershal wedge. You'd be able to pick up any spots and falculea. Solar imaging equipment is very expensive unless you're able to get second hand. White light filters are less so. You can also add a continuume filter. You can make your own white light filter using baader solar film nd5. Hope that helps.

Yea I'm gonna get a baader solar film for it just to at least glance at it. Another question please? I was thinking of getting another baader film for my Celestron CPC 800. Can I get decent pics with that? Thanks for the help!

Bobby

1 minute ago, bsshog40 said:

Yea I'm gonna get a baader solar film for it just to at least glance at it. Another question please? I was thinking of getting another baader film for my Celestron CPC 800. Can I get decent pics with that? Thanks for the help!

Bobby

Hiya Bobby, yes baader film works with your larger scope. I have one on my C11.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

As we are talking imaging here, ND3.8 would be better.

On 10/01/2021 at 11:10, Nigella Bryant said:

First Solar image of the year. Lunt 60mm DS and Zwo Asi 178mm. False colour where added in PS-CS2.

20200105-1329UTellabryant.png

20200105-1342UTellabryant-col.png

20200105-1342UTellabryant-1.png

PSX_20210110_180558.jpg

PSX_20210110_180701.jpg

Very nice 👍

I haven't seen the Sun even with my naked eye this year!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1