Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vortex Crossfire 10x50 vs 12x50

Ande

6 minutes ago, BinocularSky said:

Lovely binos. Just in case you're interested, Diamondbacks (usually 10x42) are a firm favourite with some South African game wardens, because of their optical/mechaincal quality and their ruggedness (and, I guess, the transferrable lifetime guarantee) .

That’s good to hear. I watched quite a few YouTube videos on the Vortex binos before I ordered. Somewhat naively, I expected to see lots of birdwatchers and astronomers testing them out. What I actually found was loads of red-neck hunting types. I watched some really bizarre stuff. But they all concurred that they were great binos, so job done, albeit in a strange way 😀

Edited by Ande

4 hours ago, cupton said:

Glad you got them and the initial impressions are good. like I said, I really enjoy mine. I have multiple Vortex products and I am a very satisfied customer. Enjoy!!! Now you just need to wait out the cloud cover. Or you can do what I do in the meantime and zoom in on the dog, the plants on the shelf, the children sitting in the chair next to you just so you can creep them out. ;) 

Ahh so im not only 1 does that lol🤣

Ande enjoy your bins mate :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ande said:

That’s good to hear. I watched quite a few YouTube videos on the Vortex binos before I ordered. Somewhat naively, I expected to see lots of birdwatchers and astronomers testing them out. What I actually found was loads of red-neck hunting types. I watched some really bizarre stuff. But they all concurred that they were great binos, so job done, albeit in a strange way 😀

I know what you mean. I've seen the same videos. Some are entertaining and then some after a while leave me scratching my head wondering why I just wasted multiple minutes watching someone unbox a pair of binoculars. Did I really learn anything? I never understood those unboxing videos. Thats just me though. I've personally never really found them particularly useful. Your mileage may vary. ;)

• Like 1