SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Regi-stax 6 issue

rcwinter

Hi Everyone 

Not sure if anyone has had this experience, but thought I would ask

I run a laptop when away from home Regi-stax 6 runs fine no issues 

On my desktop however it will not load the avi’s , I tried unloading and reloading the software but still the same 

checked the avi files on my laptop all runs fine, desk top “Computer says No”. not sure what to do next 

Anyone have any suggestions ?

regards

Richard

Many thanks for the replies so far, on the deck top pc, the avi’s will run under the normal Win 10 software , so I can run them,  according to the Registax info the software only reads the first frame to recognise it as avi. 

Thanks for the info on virtual dub , I will look at that 

kind regards

Richard

11 hours ago, Ibbo! said:

I would point you towards Auto Stakkert instead of Registax.

Yes, definitely. On a new-ish laptop of mine registax won't load anything above a certain file size/frame count. Bear in mind that registax hasn't been updated for a while. I still use it for the wavelet processing mind you. 

4 hours ago, skyhog said:

Yes, definitely. On a new-ish laptop of mine registax won't load anything above a certain file size/frame count. Bear in mind that registax hasn't been updated for a while. I still use it for the wavelet processing mind you. 

Likewise.

Hi Steve 

I agree that once the files get to a certain file size Registax does not like it at all,  on my laptop what happens is it processes the larger file but then miss reads it on compilation and you get maybe half an image or it goes completely white. 

My desk top is i7, my laptop is i7 very similar spec,

I keep the file size to below 1000 frames to avoid the fall over. Issue, usually stop the capture  at 800 frames, never an issue on the laptop, for ease of use I store the AVI’s on a portable 2TB WD drive and bring it to the house after use to process, my laptop is fine and will process all, however the house is a no no, the desktop is about 3 years old so not new, it is a Dell SMF 500Gb SSD boot OS disk and 1 TB second storage drive

I have Auto Stakert but prefer Registax, for my purposes it does it better job, I also have AVI stacker 2 which I occasionally use but needs a bit of TLC to use

likewise I also like the wavelet feature in Registax 

kind regards

Richard

Hi Everyone

i had several chats with Cor ( Registax) about the issues which he thinks could be codec based issues. 
He suggested PIPP and , VirtualDub which I have used and works well, PIPP was a little more awkward 

Thanks for your help, m&ch appreciated 

Richard