NLC-Banner.thumb.jpg.acb5ba835b9e8bf0718b90539633017d.jpg

Lunatico AAG Cloudwatcher & Solo

Corpze

Hi, I have recently bought and mounted a third version of a weather monitoring station, this time a non DIY product - The Lunatico AAG Cloudwatcher and the Solo computer with it.

I have been running a weather monitor for five years now, but because i lack front-end coding (or hasn't taken the time learning it) I have been looking for a out-of-the-box product which presents the data in a nice way.
The difference between this product and the two other models I have made earlier is the raspberry pi and the webserver capability. 

The earlier versions hade the capability to output a "safe" or "not safe" command to my sequence program.
 This version from lunatico has the capability to output a folder in my network with a boltwood textfile, or direct via ASCOM.

So far, i have been running this for two weeks now and it is working very nice. The data is presented on a webpage very nice and it has 100% uptime as of now.
Just one time, the cloud temperature has been presented wrong, this happend during a weather change from +2 degrees celsius and overcast to about -10 degree celsius with clear sky in a matter in a couple of hours.

please feel free to comment and ask questions :)

/Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Nice review. The Cloudwatcher - Solo combination is undoubtedly a well worked device that adds to a strong reassurance for keeping kit dry. I've had mine for three years now and I know I sleep better knowing it's in place.

One aspect you didn't mention was the Solo's ability to notify your phone if conditions change to 'unsafe' when clouds/rain roll in, or indeed when conditions change to 'safe' and you can get out. The Pushover app can be downloaded (I think it costs £3 or £5). Solo is setup to send a message to the Pushover system on safe/unsafe changes which in turn contacts your mobile. A nice loud notification ping is recommended 😀. All the details are on the Lunatico website. 

Edited by ampleamp

On 12/01/2021 at 21:49, ampleamp said:

Nice review. The Cloudwatcher - Solo combination is undoubtedly a well worked device that adds to a strong reassurance for keeping kit dry. I've had mine for three years now and I know I sleep better knowing it's in place.

One aspect you didn't mention was the Solo's ability to notify your phone if conditions change to 'unsafe' when clouds/rain roll in, or indeed when conditions change to 'safe' and you can get out. The Pushover app can be downloaded (I think it costs £3 or £5). Solo is setup to send a message to the Pushover system on safe/unsafe changes which in turn contacts your mobile. A nice loud notification ping is recommended 😀. All the details are on the Lunatico website. 

You have absolutely right, totally forgot about that part (which some might find useful) 
Might just do another video covering that part ;) 

/Daniel