Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Forget the Man in the Moon, what about the Man in the Galactic Centre

Tom OD

Happy new Year to All.

Maybe sitting in the near dark during lockdown and having too many beers made me see this, but now I cant un-see it.

I have a large framed pic of my Galactic Centre mosaic in the sitting room. Last night I thought I saw the shape of a Man in it, and now its stuck in my head.

What do you think? I m calling it the Galactic Conquistador :) I think its very distinct.

Excuse my scribbley art skills.

Tom.

Galactic Conquistador side by side.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, Moonshed said:

I think it’s Davy Crockett. For those too young to know who he is I have added a pic. Just reverse the way he is looking and there you are.

Sorry but couldn’t change the format as just a copy from Wikipedia.

DAE42CAF-5A56-43C6-B578-5A42A72AF48A.webp 40.29 kB · 1 download

Could be he has the pony tail or tail like Davy.

Tom

1 hour ago, Moonshed said:

I think it’s Davy Crockett. For those too young to know who he is I have added a pic. Just reverse the way he is looking and there you are.

Sorry but couldn’t change the format as just a copy from Wikipedia.

DAE42CAF-5A56-43C6-B578-5A42A72AF48A.webp 40.29 kB · 3 downloads

All together now , "Davee, Davy Crockett..."

If you know the next line of the song, you will appreciate this terrible and equally old joke:

Q : What wild west hero had 3 ears ?

A : Davy Crockett.  He had a left ear, a right ear, and a wild front ear ...

I think the same joke later got recycled for Capt.Kirk ...

Heather

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tiny Clanger said:

All together now , "Davee, Davy Crockett..."

If you know the next line of the song, you will appreciate this terrible and equally old joke:

Q : What wild west hero had 3 ears ?

A : Davy Crockett.  He had a left ear, a right ear, and a wild front ear ...

I think the same joke later got recycled for Capt.Kirk ...

Heather

OMG that took me back a good few years! I was singing that song again like it was yesterday. I don’t think it would be allowed today with its references to all that killing of the red.... err, Native Americans.

Edited by Moonshed
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Tiny Clanger said:

I'm seeing a new to science species of dinosaur ... I mean, just look  at that tiny arm , this is obviously a snub-nosed T.Rex .

Ha yes I can see that now too. Little fingers from NGC whatever its called left of the Lagoon.

3 minutes ago, Tom OD said:

Ha yes I can see that now too. Little fingers from NGC whatever its called left of the Lagoon.

I think you might need a new image for the wall, you will forever see a Davy Crockett dinosaur in your photo now ! 😀

PS, that's Dave Bowman in your icon isn't it ?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tiny Clanger said:

I think you might need a new image for the wall, you will forever see a Davy Crockett dinosaur in your photo now ! 😀

That has to be Bowman. “My God, it’s full of stars!” Who could forget that movie? It was so ahead of its time and still my favourite SF movie, very closely followed by “Interstellar”.

Edited by Moonshed

I’ve just realised, this is all part of a cunning plan! We have been subjected to a Rorschach Test and our replies will be sent to a psychologist for evaluation. I wish to change my answer, I didn’t see that merciless killer Davy Crockett really, I saw a bunch of geraniums.

Edited by Moonshed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Moonshed said:

I’ve just realised, this is all part of a cunning plan! We have been subjected to a Rorschach Test and our replies will be sent to a psychologist for evaluation. I wish to change my answer, I didn’t see that merciless killer Davy Crockett really, I saw a bunch of geraniums.

Big brother approves of your new state of mind :)

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Tiny Clanger said:

Yep thats Bowman. My favourite movie.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tomato said:

Well, Rembrandt is a bit more classy than me seeing Scooby Doo in the Heart Nebula.☺️

Ha Ha, yes I can see that too. Pareidolia as its called. I had to do some googling after that word was mentioned to me.

T.