SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Atik 16 CCD problems can you help ??

neilmr

I have Atik 16 CCD and I have problems with, when imaging guiding or focusing I continually get an error message coming up that says "The plug in is unable to establish a link to the hardware because the specified communications port is already in use. (-7)" the only way I have found to clear this is to reboot the PC, I have sent the camera back to Atik to check the USB connector and they returned it saying it was OK. Can anyone suggest anything to help.

thanks

Neil

(Eastbourne east Sussex)

I don't use Maxim, but it sounds like there might be some kind of USB issue or even a hardware conflict on your machine. Have you tried using Artemis capture and see if the camera works with that?

Tony..

• 1 year later...

To my mind the Artemis Capture software is a dream to use and I recall Ian King saying, 'If ever something doesn't work, run it in its own software.' I would suggest you give the camera a run in its own Artemis software. I would be surprised if you did not end up liking it.

Other than that all I can think of is that you should always use the same USB port (shame on the IT industry!) and try a new cable, but I'm sure you will have done that.

Olly

Archived