SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Persieds Leonids Geminids 2020

Here's a couple of photos from the Persied, Leonid, and Geminid meteor showers. The weather was warm and clear for the Persieds, about 25 meteors seen in two hours.

Persieds from August 12th

Attached Image: persied small bw.jpg Attached Image: persieds small 3.jpg

Leonid from the 18th, the peak night was cloudy.

Attached Image: leonids small 1.jpg

Geminids from early hours of the 13th December, during two and a half hours I observed 58 Geminid meteors.

Attached Image: geminid small 1.jpg Attached Image: geminid small.jpg

Edited by scotty1
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

Good work! I really should put together a series of meteor falls I captured with my iPhone. Your work inspires me to go put the phone out, but as usual, increasingly cloudy skies are expected, leading to rain off and on for a week, for us in the mid south USA.

• Thanks 1

Thanks theropod 

Light pollution is increasing in my town, new houses and hotels are being built a few hundred yards from me. Luckily the skies are better 15 mins drive from town.

I hope you get clear skies soon.

Edited by scotty1
  • Like 1

scotty1,

I understand LP and am highly sympathetic to your endeavors. My meteor efforts took most of one summer off, and LP was my main obstacle to success. I still captured meteor falls, but long/bright meteors barely registered. Good thing a short drive puts you in the dark. Some folk have to schedule time off work to enjoy such. Poor delusional owls! Retired old dude here, with no interest whatsoever in working for a paycheck again.

Edited by theropod
Clean up language
  • Haha 1