sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Hello, 

I've been into astronomy since I was young and more recently astrophotography. I've just (finally) got my new telescope, a Celestron AVX 9.25" Edge HD with various accessories including a reducer lens. I'm still trying to get the auto guider up and running as that's being a pain and need to get a dew heater for the telescope (currently lookjng for a decent one). I'm also looking into what filters to get as well as that's still fairly new to me, at least for the astrophotography side. 

I'm also very much into microscopy and looking at microphotography, I'm currently saving up to get a new microscope. 

I've also got a facebook group where I share astronomy and science news, where members can share astronomy and science news or their own astro or science images, discuss things, etc. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2494142714158646/?ref=share

Anyway, hello to all from Cambridge, UK :-) 

Adz

20201220_174041.jpg

IMG_0838.JPG

FB_IMG_1594774312341.jpg

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Btmackd
      I have a CPC 800 Edge HD as well as an Orion Starshoot Autoguider.  I recently ordered a ZWO ASI294 MC Pro colour camera.  In terms of the auto guide function I had planned on using PHD2 (which I already downloaded onto my Mac laptop).   In terms of researching software that would allow for control of the camera I understand there are a number of options. I considered purchasing an ASIair, however, I understand that is not compatible with the Orion Starshoot Autoguider, and therefore I would need to replace that with a ZWO.  I am hesitant to want to do that, even though it would be convenient not to have to bother with laptop connectivity.  Right now I've been using my iPhone for goto functionality with Starsense and Skyportal wifi.  I understand there are a number of options available for Windows based PCs in terms of control of camera and image acquisition.  BackyardEOS (for DSLR cameras), Astrophotography Tool, and Nebulosity.  These seem to be the most popular.  However, it looks to me as though APT is just for Windows based PC.  As well, not sure the extent to which Nebulosity is seamless when it comes to Mac compatibility.  Is there a recommended Image Acquisition software for Mac users?  Is a Windows PC laptop dedicated for astrophotography the best approach (e.g. second hand etc)?  I would appreciate your recommendations.  Thanks
    • By Goldenmole
      Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well! I just wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas for projects to do, as the sky is clearing up and i wanted to make the most of it. Anything, maybe finding or tracking a certain celestial object or mapping the moon! I'll leave it up to you!😊
    • By Goldenmole
      Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well! I recently joined this forum for the express purpose of answering this question: Why does Mars look like a simple star through my telescope? I have a Starsense Explorer LT 80AZ refractor with a 10mm, 25mm and 2x Barlow lens, and my telescope has a max magnification of 189x! So why is it, on a pretty clear winters night, that the mighty Mars, the Red Planet , looks like a humble star. I love stars (who the hell doesn't) but i rather hoped to see a planet. What am i doing wrong? AM i doing something wrong or is my telescope inadequate (i doubt it though). I use the 10mm plus the Barlow, and still nothing. Is this just how Mars looks through a telescope like mine? Or maybe i'm not looking at Mars at all. Although, according to my research, the Red Planet currently resides in the constellation of Aries. Correct? Please. please answer my question as it is driving me up the wall. Plus, if anyone has the time, could someone recommend a good astronomy app, other than the starsense one, that you can just point at the sky? Thank you so much for reading this. Have a lovely day.
    • By Pincs
      Hi, I got a skywatcher classic 200p just before xmas and I havnt done much planet viewing due to not having more than a 10mm eyepiece for magnification. I recently got a 2x barlow lens and tried viewing last night with a barlow and 10mm lens and it came out very blurry and I couldn't see any detail and it still seemed quite small. I was viewing on a close night when there was a break in the clouds so may have not been the best conditions. Any tips for how much magnification I need and how to see it better. Thanks.
    • By Planetarian
      Just thinking how this setup would compare to normal astrophotography setups. Imagine a Nikon coolpix p1000 on an equatorial mount. Has anyone done that yet? 
      As I saw in the YouTube videos about the camera, it has absolutely no chromatic aberration, so I assume it's got apochromatic lens. It's magnification is extremely good (125x with 16MP sensor). The aperture is quite small tho compared to many different refractors available. 

So what do you think about the idea:  astrophotography with a Nikon?  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.