Dew heater bands

Hi,

I'm looking to buy dew bands for my setup (sw 130pds and  sw star travel 80 as my guide scope). The circumference of these two scopes measure 52cm and 32cm respectively. FLO seem to have stock of the 50cm lynx astro band but are out of stock of the 30cm band. Would the 40cm band be OK instead (with an overlap) especially as the two diameters seem to be 2cm more than the respective bands anyway! 

Thanks

Ed

The dew bands have a fair range of adjustment so don't worry about being too exact.

They have a good length of velcro cover to allow adjustment.

You will probably want to consider a controller for them as running at full power may be a tad warm except on the coldest nights.

Edited by fifeskies

Thank you, I suspected as much but wanted to check. Think I will order the 40cm one and have the overlap. Now wondering if I should go for the 60cm one for the main scope and have an overlap on that as well rather than being 2cm short! 

Currently building a 3 channel controller as per the Blackwater skies page :) so far it's turned out way better than I expected but I've got no way of testing it yet lol. 

The 50cm is the better fit and also uses slightly less power.  Also a few grams lighter.

Short by 2cm circumference is easily taken up by the stretchy tab at the join. Just keep the join at the top of the scope so any heat rises to cater for the gap , but I don't find its an issue.

My ST80 guider uses a band that is a few cm short and it has never bothered it any.

I made a box with dimmers for LED tape , modules from china on an auction site , works fine to adjust my heaters.