Narrowband

Equipment Regrets?

Coco

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it was a WO FLT 110.

I got it really cheap early on when they first became available £1300???. I think the problem was I had it too early on in my astro life. Aperture fever kicked in and I sold it to make funds available for a CPC1100.... A very portable scope.... NOT!

Now I am back into refractors, I miss it. But I guess I will have to make do with the Megrez 80..... :mrgreen:

Lee.

Buying my Orion Optics 10" when i did and not waiting for 6 more months when they introduced the same model at the same price but with a much better mount, 4 vane spider instead of a huge 2 vane, a 2" focuser instead of a 1.25", which resulted in me having to buy all of these upgrades and install them myself and i made a total mess of enlarging the focuser hole in the tube, but it's still an amazing scope.

Buying my Orion Optics 10" when i did and not waiting for 6 more months when they introduced the same model at the same price but with a much better mount, 4 vane spider instead of a huge 2 vane, a 2" focuser instead of a 1.25", which resulted in me having to buy all of these upgrades and install them myself and i made a total mess of enlarging the focuser hole in the tube, but it's still an amazing scope.

I may have bought my OO 10" at the same time as yours? (mine was in December 2004) and it certainly has the clunky 2-arm (I won't call them 'vanes') spider - though I've learnt to live with it and accept 2 spikes on my stars. But mine came with the 2" focusser already, I seem to recall it was an upgrade at order time. My problem is the hole is too large for the Crayford replacement. But some time I'll get around to fixing that problem.

Archived