Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY5 and PhD 2 windows 10

Neo_uk

Hi...

I was wondering if anyone could help me resolve a issue of getting my qhy5 guide camera up and running on phd2 and Windows 10 ...just can't get it to find the camera ...I have installed the drivers I have for it both standalone and ascom but to no avail ...

I have all the same software on a Windows vista laptop and everything is fine ...selecting the ccd labs q guider from the drop down in PhD 2 ....no issues connects straight away ...

This is the camera ...its the original qhy5.

Many thanks ...

Chris.

16089855381158183221890610735131.jpg

I'm connecting to the ccd labs q guider as that works on the vista machine ..

But says can't find camera.

But have tried a fair few of them ...

When trying the native Windows camera PhD just disappears?  ...

Yeah I've tried that and phd2 just vanishes ....

I would buy a new guide camera ...but I've hardly used this one and its as new so seems a waste ..that something that's perfectly good is no longer viable just because of drivers ..

I use an original QHY5 as a guide camera on my setup, with windows 10.  I still have an original ASCOM driver which hopefully can be attached to this post which you could try, along with the test application.  As far as I can remember this was this driver I used, however I would need to open up the observatory and check that, but if there is a later driver it will be on the observatory PC and I'll get that one for you as well if you find the attached doesn't work.

I did find a link for the QHY5 driver and Updater software https://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=29&id=1  which may have been the driver used (it was some time ago when I put this machine together and I've slept since then !)

QHY5.zip

• Thanks 1

Hi Malc...

Thankyou for the driver I will give it a go ...just drives you bonkers at times trying to get something up and running that you know works perfectly well ...

Hopefully it will do the trick ..

Many thanks again Chris.

1 hour ago, malc-c said:

I use an original QHY5 as a guide camera on my setup, with windows 10.  I still have an original ASCOM driver which hopefully can be attached to this post which you could try, along with the test application.  As far as I can remember this was this driver I used, however I would need to open up the observatory and check that, but if there is a later driver it will be on the observatory PC and I'll get that one for you as well if you find the attached doesn't work.

I did find a link for the QHY5 driver and Updater software https://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=29&id=1  which may have been the driver used (it was some time ago when I put this machine together and I've slept since then !)

QHY5.zip 6.09 MB · 1 download

Hi Malc...

Thank you so very much ! ...

All up and running ...

I've spent hours searching for drivers and what have you to try and get this working ...all sorted now thanks to your help.

Chris.

• 1 year later...
On 27/12/2020 at 03:07, malc-c said:

QHY5.zip 6.09 MB · 199 downloads

sorry to bump an old thread but just wanted to say, thanks so much for uploading this. i have spent a significant chunk of time downloading every single qhy5 driver around, tried various combinations of everything and alas nothing was working. had me pulling my hair out. then finally i arrived at your post, downloaded the drivers and it just worked straightaway! hopefully these files will stay up well in to the future for anyone else who is struggling with the qhy5

• Like 1