Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Newbie Query

Graham_Ireland

Hey, I'm a newbie recently delved into the world of astrograohy. Tonight I was playing around with my DSLR to catch some moon and simple star shots and managed to catch the image attached. The bright light is the Moon head on with Mars visible slight above to the right...but the diamond shaped object is a mystery to me, hoping someone here can explain what it is. I saw this object pass over super fast, no signigicant tails either, I've looked up various satellites but can't confirm what it is - any insight would be appreciated. 

20201223_204445.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply guys, great to be part of a huge learning pool of knowledge!  I did something in the sky, nothing to do with the camera, that passed by super quick so I assumed this was caught in the camera. Anyway, I've a lot to learn but glad to be here, thanks again

• 2 weeks later...