Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW EQM 35-Pro goto coordinates issue

bomberbaz

I have no doubt I am not the first one to come across this so here goes.

Going through the initial set up on handset it asks for various things but when it get to longitude, I am minus 2.15 (-2.15) but there is no way to change the setting to give the minus part. Does the hand set deduce from the time zone put in what these figures should be?

Also latitude I am 53.79, it will not accept the 79 part of this coord so won't move onto next section. The best I have got it to accept is 53.59 then it will advance to next part. Anybody else have anything similar to this

TIA all

9 minutes ago, Seelive said:

For the longitude you need select East or West, not + or -. For the latitude, it's in degrees and minutes not decimal degrees.

Ok regarding the E or W, which am I based in Burnley which is just to the west of london. I assume I should be west. (manual not very helpful for people actually living in GMT zone)

I found a site giving location in DMS, thanks for pointer, I didn't read that in the manual either!

8 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

Ok regarding the E or W, which am I based in Burnley which is just to the west of london. I assume I should be west. (manual not very helpful for people actually living in GMT zone)

I found a site giving location in DMS, thanks for pointer, I didn't read that in the manual either!

Yes, for Burnley, West is correct (use the UP/DOWN buttons to select E or W), and the longitude is also required in degrees and minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bomberbaz said:

I have no doubt I am not the first one to come across this so here goes.

Going through the initial set up on handset it asks for various things but when it get to longitude, I am minus 2.15 (-2.15) but there is no way to change the setting to give the minus part. Does the hand set deduce from the time zone put in what these figures should be?

Also latitude I am 53.79, it will not accept the 79 part of this coord so won't move onto next section. The best I have got it to accept is 53.59 then it will advance to next part. Anybody else have anything similar to this

TIA all

The correct format for the coordinates is 002 09 W   53 45 N (include all the leading zeros). These are converted from your decimal coordinates into degrees and minutes. For the time, enter 0.000 as the time zone and select NO for DST until the end of March when BST is in effect.

• Like 2

You will find certain Apps really useful for this I use synscanlnit2, and GPS co-ordinates finder, synscanlnit will tell you the time date etc and which format it should be, plus Polaris position for polar scope.. the GPS one is accurate within meters, plus it gives you the elevation 

20201224_101420.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, newbie alert said:

You will find certain Apps really useful for this I use synscanlnit2, and GPS co-ordinates finder, synscanlnit will tell you the time date etc and which format it should be, plus Polaris position for polar scope.. the GPS one is accurate within meters, plus it gives you the elevation 

Thanks for this, both now installed.

• Like 1