Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from the Fens

Spindrift

Hi,

I've had a telescope for a few years but have never really had the chance to use it properly. We lived in London until three years ago and the light pollution was terrible. Then we moved to the  Fenland  of North-east Cambridgeshire, where it is very flat (we are at sea-level) and much darker, and only now am I finding the time to do some stargazing. My daughter bought me a place on an astrophotography workshop earlier this year, so I am now able to combine two interests in one. Result!

Does anyone here use Photoshop Elements for post-processing?

• Like 1

Hi there and welcome from me too, like Gordon above I am purely visual but use a primary program PS, where the 'Adjust' column is very useful for improving images, esp. the 'Curves' facility, I have often used it to improve astronomy images for my website (Swindon Stargazers).  Maybe you have this in PS Elements?  Good luck & clear skies!

Edited by rwilkey

Welcome aboard SGL. Good to have you with us.

You might better catch the attention of the AP wizards if you wandered into their lair over here: https://stargazerslounge.com/forum/40-imaging-image-processing-help-and-techniques/

Enjoy your dark skies. It's a bit like a scene from Bladerunner around here in Teesside.

• 2 weeks later...