Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Frst Light - RedCat 51 - Rosette

Adreneline

Not ideal conditions because by the time the skies had cleared the Rosette was getting down to 30 degress and less.

Nevertheless I was keen to try the new acquisition so this is 20 x 180s Ha, 12 x 180s OIII and 9 x 180s SII taken with ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled using Astronomik 6nm filters.

Calibrated, registered and integrated in APP; processed in PixInsight using Starnet; stars combined with the starless image in Affinity; minimal noise reduction in Topaz DeNoise.

988538552_Rosette_SHO_LumStars-DeNoiseAI-low-light.thumb.png.b1b19497305067f02bc61a77f1eecb5c.png

It goes without saying more time/data would have helped and catching the target when it was still well above 30 degress would perhaps have produced tighter stars.

Not too bad for a first outing though.

As ever comments and critique welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, Phillyo said:

This is really really nice. Very subtle processing!

Thank you! I was concerned I'd pushed the colour too far - glad you like it.

IMG_0966.thumb.JPG.4f07d7523bce5d6e7f080778277a92df.JPG

The RedCat is indeed looking very nice - beautifully made and finished - even the good lady likes it!

Enjoy Christmas!

Adrian

No I think the colours are great. I might be tempted to lighten them up a little bit to enhance them a bit more, but that's just personal preference. Oh you have it set up with an EAF too! Very nice. Where did you get the adapter from? I'm tempted to get one for next year, once they're back in stock!