Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Barnsley

mozzauk

6 hours ago, mozzauk said:

Hi, 

I have had an interest in Astronomy since a kid thanks to my Dad, and am about to start a degree in Astronomy part-time 🙂 

Looking forward to getting involved in the discussions.. 

If you don’t mind me asking, how do you go about starting a degree in Astronomy?

I ask, as I was one of those kids that could have done much better! The report card kept on saying. Certainly no world shaker but I realised much later in life that I had an enquiring mind and it’s never too late.

Marvin

2 hours ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

If you don’t mind me asking, how do you go about starting a degree in Astronomy?

I ask, as I was one of those kids that could have done much better! The report card kept on saying. Certainly no world shaker but I realised much later in life that I had an enquiring mind and it’s never too late.

Marvin

You can do astronomy and planetary science through the Open University

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 22/12/2020 at 23:04, W0nderste said:

You can do astronomy and planetary science through the Open University

Hi there. I can vouch for this course (or at least the one from the '90s) ; I started on mathematics and computing courses but did Astronomy and Planetary Science for a bit of a change. Fantastic course which made me feel less than microscopic and ingnited an interest in astronomy that has never gone away.

Stu