Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

And finally... (Jupiter and Saturn)

At dusk

After over a month of rain, clouds and wind,  I've been lucky because I've been able to enjoy the most beatiful conjunction since I took up this hobby almost 40 years ago. Visually it has been and amazing show. Both plantets dancing really close and surrounded by a beautiful retinue of  moons. I don´t think anyone has been able to capture all this beauty in a single picture. This is what I`ve got. Zenisthar 73 + powermate 2.5x + asi120mm

Regards374714313_jupiterysaturno211220.jpg.f9f9776cd9ac8b228d13c1c09fc2ccad.jpg

Edited by At dusk
  • Like 32

Great image - one of the best I've seen of this event. Well done! Here in the UK we are clouded over (as usual...). Yesterday was so-so, managed 20 mins of mostly visual and a quick photo snapshot, so happy overall. Today Jupiter and Saturn are even closer: 6' today vs 9' yesterday. Spectacular!

Edited by Nik271
typo corrected
  • Like 1

WOW, that looks amazing! Will agree with Nik that it's one of the best I've seen today. Glad you managed to capture this, the result is overwhelming! Will also try to see this for myself tomorrow, because, as always, weather have gotten worse right before the conjunction

1 hour ago, At dusk said:

After over a month of rain, clouds and wind,  I've been lucky because I've been able to enjoy the most beatiful conjunction since I took up this hobby almost 40 years ago. Visually it has been and amazing show. Both plantets dancing really close and surrounded by a beautiful retinue of  moons. I don´t think anyone has been able to capture all this beauty in a single picture. This is what I`ve got. Zenisthar 73 + powermate 2.5x + asi120mm

congratulations, great image.

On 21/12/2020 at 20:38, At dusk said:

Were you guiding for this image or not. In fact what were your data capture information if you don't mind me asking. I am having a go on thursday but will be unguided so curious. 

tia

Hi

I used my Eq6-r only roughly polar aligned. The planets were very low and I had to place the telescope in a place in the garden where I couldn’t see Polaris. No need for autoguiding either. I captured several 60 seconds videos with different gains and exposure times and after selecting the best I processed it in auto stakker, registax and photoshop. Give it a try. It’s not difficult to obtain a beautiful memory.

Regards, Rafa