Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DON'T BE SAD IF YOU CAN'T OBSERVE THE GREAT CONJUNCTION THIS EVENING !!

paulastro

This is particularly true if you managed to see it yesterday.  Today it's less than 3' closer, so not a great deal of difference. Tomorrow, the distance is less than it was yesterday.  Here are the distances for these three days at  4.55pm.

Sunday 20th         9'  22"

Monday 21st        6'  06"

Tuesday 22nd      8'  45"

Thursday 24th    20'  11"

So plenty of opportunity yet to see the two planets and their satellites together using a reasonably high magnification.

I've added Thursdays distance, as that is the next time the forecast indicates it will be visible from this part of darkest Yorkshire.  

In fact, for many places the forecast indicates that Thurday will be a good day for solar observing and conjunction watching followed by a clear night.

Happy days 🙂🥳

Edited by paulastro
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Well you guys are doing better than we are! Terminal clag and soggy cloud here, the goopy kind you think you might be able to tow away behind a big bulldozer...

🤣lly

Blimey Olly, I thought you were basking in sunshine most of the year, but then I dont get out much 🙂

Thanks for this information, Paul. I was fortunate to have seen it on the day of closest approach which made a big difference for imaging purposes, but otherwise, the distance between them on the days immediately prior and following are negligible for viewing purposes.

Reggie :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

It would have been nice to have seen it at its closest, but the view on Sunday was excellent through my 120mm Evostar. Pleased to have seen it at all and happy to have captured a half decent image of it as well.

Hi Pete,

Being just down the road from you, I also got a good view on Sunday evening. I had to take my Vixen ED103 Just outside our village  do so.

• Like 2