SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Important Notice for Non-UK Customers

FLO

Further reading on eBay.

Looks like you will be able to post things as normal to the EU using their Global Shipping Program which will handle all the paperwork and payment of duties and taxes for you. 

I would expect couriers to start doing something similar.

Edited by johninderby

3 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

Duh. whats that.....

Because part of the agreement was to have a soft border between NI and Eire, the movement of some goods from GB to NI now have to go through border controls just like an export.

I think my biggest concern as a consumer regarding buying anything of significant value from the UK for delivery to the EU (or vice-versa) now would be the harrassment if I were unfortunate enough to need to return it.  Perhaps it will be simpler than I expect though.

James

Just now, Mr Spock said:

Because part of the agreement was to have a soft border between NI and Eire, the movement of some goods from GB to NI now have to go through border controls just like an export.

Michael fully understand that thought it was something new

1 minute ago, JamesF said:

I think my biggest concern as a consumer regarding buying anything of significant value from the UK for delivery to the EU (or vice-versa) now would be the harrassment if I were unfortunate enough to need to return it.  Perhaps it will be simpler than I expect though.

James

James I agree the gov document is rather vague if.........

3 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

Found this.

”Businesses can apply for a UKTS authorisation, allowing them to self-declare goods not “at risk” of moving on to the EU after entering Northern Ireland. This means they will not be subject to EU duties on goods being sold to or used by consumers after entering Northern Ireland from Great Britain,”

1 minute ago, Mr Spock said:

I think the same now applies in Gibraltar too, though it may end up even more complicated because I think they're still going to have free movement between Gibraltar and Spain.

James

@FLO similar to Amazon/Ebay and others, do you think you might be able to offer the service of prepaying EU taxes, import charges etc. some time in the future once its clear exactly what the situation is? 

On 02/01/2021 at 09:53, badhex said:

@FLO similar to Amazon/Ebay and others, do you think you might be able to offer the service of prepaying EU taxes, import charges etc. some time in the future once its clear exactly what the situation is? 

It is too early to say. Maybe... 

On 01/01/2021 at 19:14, johninderby said:

It will quickly sort itself out and won’t be a big deal. 

I am sure you are right 🙂 

Post-Brexit Advice for our EU Customers

Unfortunately there is still some congestion at the UK-France border so it will be another day or two before DHL reintroduce their DHL Economy Service. 

A lot of lorry drivers missed Christmas at home with their families 😧

We have learned (after testing) lorry drivers have a far lower incidence of coronavirus than regular public. 

Steve 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FLO said:

We have learned (after testing) truck drivers have a far lower incidence of coronavirus than regular public. 

Steve 

So being overweight and a bad diet prevent the coronavirus then. 🤔

https://www.morrisons-corporate.com/media-centre/consumer-news/britains-truck-drivers-putting-the-heavy-in-heavy-goods-vehicle/

My brother is a lorry driver, he has a terrible diet but he's slim to average. Also regarding testing of lorry drivers, I know they use the same lateral flow tests as us NHS staff use, which have a 48% efficacy, so are they basing the same type of test from the general public to those taken by the lorry drivers? 

1 minute ago, Lockie said:

... regarding testing of lorry drivers, I know they use the same lateral flow tests as us NHS staff use, which have a 48% efficacy, so are they basing the same type of test from the general public to those taken by the lorry drivers? 

I don't know. Perhaps not. 

Steve 

• Like 1

I've bought several items from Flo past two years, mostly they were quite a bit better priced than the competition here on the mainland.

but now with custom fees and what not i'm not sure this will be the case anymore, we'll see i guess, in any case well done Brexit  👌

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miguel1983 said:

I've bought several items from Flo past two years, mostly they were quite a bit better priced than the competition here on the mainland.

but now with custom fees and what not i'm not sure this will be the case anymore, we'll see i guess, in any case well done Brexit  👌

As noted above it would be the returns system that will be most awkward as if you need to return something that would require customers to complete forms etc.  Getting others to pay in advance (like ebay) of the customs duties makes me wonder how cost effective that would be when they will still be paying customs/VAT/shipping hassles/exchange rate risk and then the companies premium (staff costs) on top of this.  Part of me wonders whether it would just be easier to pay the cost 'at the door' as it were if you were going that route (as it removes some risk costs).  It largely depends on how reasonable postal companies for managing customs vs businesses.  

It will also be interesting to see how rules of origin will work that will need to be evidenced as well (so something available in the UK that can be bought but might bring higher tariffs in the EU if bought direct, and vice versa) as the trade rules have been deliberately designed to stop these backdoor shenanigans.  This might apply to the StellaLyra/StellaMira range for example.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2021 at 12:03, FLO said:

... it will be another day or two before DHL reintroduce their DHL Economy Service. 

DHL Economy service is back 🙂 

The service is available again at our website. 

• Like 1