Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Important Notice for Non-UK Customers

FLO

This notice applies to our non-UK customers.

We learned today couriers (we use DHL) have stopped handling deliveries via land or sea to locations outside the UK until after 4th January. 

Royal Mail have also temporarily suspended deliveries into mainland Europe. 

Partly because France has shut its borders to UK hauliers for 48 hours due to the emergence of a new coronavirus variant so lorries and ferries are unable to travel from the port of Dover. Also because couriers need time to respond to a potential change following Brexit.

Currently DHL Economy delivery is not available to our non-UK customers. For this we sincerely apologise 😟 

We know delays and uncertainty are frustrating so will understand if you choose to cancel your order and receive a refund, otherwise we will dispatch as soon as we are able. 

In approximately two weeks we should be able to make DHL Economy available again. 

Thank-you for your patience and understanding during these extraordinary times. 

Steve & the FLO team. 

UPDATEPost-Brexit Advice for our EU Customers 

UPDATE 7th Jan: DHL Economy service has resumed so is available again at our website 🙂 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 4

Royal Mail have also temporarily suspended deliveries into mainland Europe. 

DHL and Royal Mail warn on parcel disruption

DHL are returning large/bulky items to sender, Royal Mail are holding packages until restrictions are lifted. 

Fortunately the border restrictions are temporary (an attempt to control spread of the new Covid variant).

We will continue to monitor the situation. 

Welcome to SGL 🙂 

France have reopened their border and the congestion is slowly clearing.

Currently we believe DHL will resume their Economy (via land / sea) service 4th January. We should then be able to make it available again at our website. 

Thank-you for your patience during these extraordinary times. 

Steve 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FLO said:

Welcome to SGL 🙂 

France have reopened their border and the congestion is slowly clearing.

Currently we believe DHL will resume their Economy (via land / sea) service 4th January. We should then be able to make it available again at our website. 

Thank-you for your patience during these extraordinary times. 

Steve 

I have a backlog of toy soldiers i can finally post YAY

• Like 1

Any personal Item sent must be accompanied by a CN22 (under £270) or CN23 (over £270.00). Commercial exports to EU from Jan 1st will need a C88 SAD, commercial invoice, a transport document (AWB, CMR, BoL) and as proof of export, a DTi-S8.

See, my never ending ITOPS training is of use after all 😜

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 30/12/2020 at 12:49, Miguel_EA1HTA said:

Does it matter if the purchase is done before 1st January or after?

Just thinking in ordering from FLO to be shipped to Spain, although several items are not in stock...

Probably best you wait until after 1st January. 

We are assessing the situation but at first glance it looks okay. We will update our website so it automatically deducts UK tax for EU customers. We already do this for our our non-EU customers in America, Canada, Australia, etc. We must include some paperwork but again we already do this for our non-EU customers. 

Nothing we cannot handle 🙂 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Miguel_EA1HTA said:

Hi,

Does it matter if the purchase is done before 1st January or after?

Just thinking in ordering from FLO to be shipped to Spain, although several items are not in stock...

Thank you in any case !!

Regards,

Miguel

I think the Royal Mail guidance was anything posted after 28th December should be as they need to be compliant with any extra red tape on the day they arrive in the country. With everything transpiring together they couldn't guarantee that they would be able to deliver before the 1st after this date. I think now we have to consider any extra customs duties (plus the mandatory extra shipping charges that companies will apply) when that happens.

• Thanks 1

On 30/12/2020 at 10:44, Mr Spock said:

Any personal Item sent must be accompanied by a CN22 (under £270) or CN23 (over £270.00). Commercial exports to EU from Jan 1st will need a C88 SAD, commercial invoice, a transport document (AWB, CMR, BoL) and as proof of export, a DTi-S8.

See, my never ending ITOPS training is of use after all 😜

from what i understand "Commercial exports to EU from Jan 1st will need a C88 SAD, commercial invoice, a transport document (AWB, CMR, BoL) and as proof of export, a DTi-S8." is only applicable if you are a manufacture, retailers just do the CN22 CN23's

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users

Edited by Earl

How would this affect the wanted and for sale section for EU members. Does anyone know as I have had a look at the document below and rather confusing  

4 hours ago, Earl said:

16 hours ago, fozzybear said:

How would this affect the wanted and for sale section for EU members. Does anyone know as I have had a look at the document below and rather confusing  

You will need to check with French Authorities (id guess most the EU to the UK will be the same but might not be)

5 hours ago, Earl said:

You will need to check with French Authorities (id guess most the EU to the UK will be the same but might not be)

Still none the wiser should an item be sent as a gift in which case limit 39-00 or commercial and then the higher rate

The limits for Customs Duty and Import VAT are:

• commercial consignments (goods you’ve purchased) of £135 or less are free from Customs Duty and not subject to Import VAT - this does not include alcohol, tobacco products, perfume or toilet waters as these items are excluded from the relief of Customs Duty and VAT at import is payable
  • commercial consignments sent to the UK from the Channel Islands do not benefit from any relief of Import VAT
  • if you’re sent a gift with a value of £39 or less, which complies with the rules shown in section 2.4, it will be free from Customs Duty and Import VAT (gifts of alcohol and tobacco are subject to the limits shown in section 2.5 and gifts of perfumes and toilet waters are subject to the limits in section 2.6)
  • Customs Duty becomes payable if the value of the goods is over £135

1 minute ago, johninderby said:

Buying online for personal use from the EU duty will be charged on goods over £390.00 in value according to the latest I have read.

what I am trying to find out is on the SGL for sale/buy section and the second hand market private sale as this is affected also. Sorry for any confusion

Yes it’s all a bit confusing. 🤔

Was reading about eBay and they supposedly will be able to collect taxes and duties at the seller end which might make things easier when importing.  I’m sure eBay will come up with a painless system as it will cost them business if they don’t. Should become clear when people start importing. 

Edited by johninderby
  • Thanks 1